Scratches you've never been able to do?

Steve

I could name several newer ones, but an older scratch I've never been able to do well is lasers. When I first heard them I loved the way they sounded on an ahhhhhhh sample so I used to practice them a fair bit, but I have to say I'm absolutely wank at them still. I've basically given up. Are there any scratches that other people consider easy, but you just can't do them?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i use left hand on record and was just shit at tears...

considered swappin to the otherside..

but a while ago it just came together... i'm mad happy now...

shit at uzi's with my left still tho..

I cant do a double time babys with single time double clicks on top! I want to bad damn it! Soon!

Err, doesn't that amount to double time single click flares?

Its a deleyed flare I believe or a cresentflareI dunno. But its not regular flares. 2 clickers on top of babys. The babys are double time and the 2 clicks are regular time.

:s

Can we stay on topic for once? If I need new names for already existing scratches I'll start another topic. ;)

Gabe - If you were doing double time baby motion with double time 2 clicks, you would get a double time 2-click flare. If you halve the speed of the clicks, you only get 1 click forward and one back, giving a double time single click flare orbit, as x2k said.

Now back to the original topic..........

i can uzi like crazy with either hand! but if i use my wrong hand, my head starts shaking too.

what i'd like to be able to do is fast reliable forward tears (and clovers) and fast chirps. and really fast stabs. reaaaalllly fast.

:s

Can we stay on topic for once? If I need new names for already existing scratches I'll start another topic. ;)

Gabe - If you were doing double time baby motion with double time 2 clicks, you would get a double time 2-click flare. If you halve the speed of the clicks, you only get 1 click forward and one back, giving a double time single click flare orbit, as x2k said.

Now back to the original topic..........

I see what yall are saying. But I do my 2 clicks with the clicks in the middle. The way they are not perfectly in time with the baby and it orbits every 4 fwd and bks rather than every 2.

If i could do it i could explain it better.

Guest Vekked

I know what gabe's saying, and what steve's saying.

Both are right, both are single timed 2 clickers over double time babies, but the clicks are in diff spots, I can do what gabe's talking about, the only diff is the placement of the clicks really... it's just a delayed 2 click flare double timed i think he's talkin about.

as for a scratch I can't do...

well I can't do uzi's well, or double-timed clovers... or double timed clean tear flares, I can do tears and throw random 2 click flares over them, but they don't match up so the click's in the middle of each tear, so I end up sounding like Turkman Souljah.

pz!

OK, What's the weather like where you live at the moment..

Sorry :$

Seriously though, I can't do any of those complex combo scratch's with stupid names but I think I got most the basics fairly well locked, I think my transforms let me down the most though, can do them really well regular but I cut reversed, I can do them no problem but out of all the basics they're the one I really need to put more time into. Also square tears and keeping up the speed when switching for hyper fast chirps to other cuts...

Fuck it, I'm just shit.

I cant do a double time babys with single time double clicks on top! I want to bad damn it! Soon!

i can kinda do em twiddle, but everytime i try to do em pinch, i dont even get a click in, lol!

Untitled.mp3

That's what it sounds like when I do it. Is that what you're talking about?

I've been struggling on really fast upfader and crossfader chops (like shadow speed stuff.. damn his chops sound ill), uzing the crossfader for transforms and stupid speed 2 click orbits.. one day maybe..