Ricci hatin on Q

$a!n+

Guest Mike Reezy
i must admit i got bored half way through reading this shit, however, i do think that Q would thoroughly and comprehensively destroy rucker in a battle, it's what he does, it's what got him into this shit in the first place. the scracth solo's/develpoment cmae about as a consequence of his desire to keep fucking people up in battles.

yeah, but whos gonna be judging? Battles dont prove shit, has nothing to do with art, its on some competition bullshit, it doesnt mean shit but that you did better on that occasion in that point in time, nothing more, hardly a testament to greatness or being 'better' than someone else.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

surely q's done enough?

surely dave's still working hard at it cos he's not made enough cash?

surely ricci is dissing Q as he wants to be considered in the same bracket as him?

imo the main diss you can level at Q is his trust in toadstyles.

the question i ask, in 50 years, who will people remember, q, or ricci?

Guest Deeswift
So we're agreed.

1/ Turtablism is dope

2/ it should be fun

3/ push yourself, not others.

4/ if you don't like it, it doesn't mean that it's bad ... or don't hate for the sake of it.

5/ avoid being a dick.

No, number 1 is an annoying word for starters! And it ain't dope either -- usually it's NOT dope, there's a lot of amateur DJ's around, but whether it's dope or not depends who's behind the turntable. Also, how do you define "dope"?

How I have it is this:

1 Forget labels. "Turntablism" is stupid sounding anyway.

2: It should be whatever you want it to be, but hopefully it'll be fun and you'll enjoy it.

3: I agree with you on this. But give encouragement to potentially good musicians and knock wack musicians with ego problems down a peg or two.

4: If you don't like it, don't listen. If you can give an example of why you think something is terrible AND offer something better to listen to, there's nothing wrong with that. We all see music differently. I see music from a musicians point of view (therefore I can dig straight up technicality), and often it depends on your experience as a musician (the better you are, the easier it is to see how music was created). Bad musicians listen to bad music. It's that simple.

5: Be yourself, don't front. That doesn't you should be a nasty bastard and get away with it.

Bad musicians listen to bad music. It's that simple.

How do you know that? What is the formula for "good" music? There is nothing that defines what good music is apart from the ears of the person listening. Same with any art. You might see some painting that cost someone a million quid that you think is a piece of shit.

Me and sigma definately see a lot of stuff from the same perspective.

but yeah true that, one mans shit is another mans treasure.

an example of this is my nut in a flask at one of those doner clinics could just be something tasty and protein rich to one gurl and to another it could fulfill her desire to have children that were talented and good looking

its all relative, depending on who you are and where you stand.

I can appreciate lots of things without liking them. It happens a lot with music too. I could never see myself making something like Fuga Da Voi and I think it's an amazing piece of work, but I really never listen to it just because it's not my thing. Appreciating and understanding is the important thing I think, but what you actually listen to as a preference is irrelevant.

I can understand where Dee is coming from though because if you close your mind to listening to certain artists and their music you are not going to be inspired or influenced by them, whether it be in a positive or negative way.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Didn't get that one?

Oh yeah and I like them both (comparisions suck most of the time)

So we're agreed.

1/ Turtablism is dope

2/ it should be fun

3/ push yourself, not others.

4/ if you don't like it, it doesn't mean that it's bad ... or don't hate for the sake of it.

5/ avoid being a dick.

No, number 1 is an annoying word for starters! And it ain't dope either -- usually it's NOT dope, there's a lot of amateur DJ's around, but whether it's dope or not depends who's behind the turntable. Also, how do you define "dope"?

How I have it is this:

1 Forget labels. "Turntablism" is stupid sounding anyway.

2: It should be whatever you want it to be, but hopefully it'll be fun and you'll enjoy it.

3: I agree with you on this. But give encouragement to potentially good musicians and knock wack musicians with ego problems down a peg or two.

4: If you don't like it, don't listen. If you can give an example of why you think something is terrible AND offer something better to listen to, there's nothing wrong with that. We all see music differently. I see music from a musicians point of view (therefore I can dig straight up technicality), and often it depends on your experience as a musician (the better you are, the easier it is to see how music was created). Bad musicians listen to bad music. It's that simple.

5: Be yourself, don't front. That doesn't you should be a nasty bastard and get away with it.

OK, I suppose that's a little more eloquent and is pretty much what I meant. I was going for brevity. Lables are dumb, but still handy. You got what I meant, right? So, it worked. ;)

i read all this "push the envelope" dont push the envelope " be as good as possible" etc

what happened to do what you enoy...i listen to stuff on here and elsewhere which is technically great..but most doesnt keep me interested for more than 3mins. i would rather have simple stuff which i enjoy than technical stuff i dont. also when i play on the decks i do it out of my enjoyment not for any1 else (although knowing what i play out makes ppl happy is a great bonus) but i wouldnt do stuff i wouldnt listen to as i wouldnt b able to give my 100% it seems the "turnatablist art" is more about technique and how fast/better you can play than how pleasing it is to the ear

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Didn't get that one?

Oh yeah and I like them both (comparisions suck most of the time)

haha, shit. think yogarfrog, type toadstyles. freud would have a field day

toadstyles, now there is someone not to forget.. ill..

q did all the battles, he ran the battle scene.. he got his cuts on some of the best shit out there..

ricci should battle and let everyone hear his shit

lol

"battle? meeeeeeee? how duuuuuuuuuuuuuur you"

ricci and paddy on tour 2005 ;)

The best definition of a freudian slip I've heard was given in a first year psychology class, quoted from Woody of Cheers: Its when you mean to say one thing and then you say a mother

and it really is the easiest way to explain it.

off topic, but anyway...

Guest Mike Reezy

The best definition of a freudian slip I've heard was given in a first year psychology class, quoted from Woody of Cheers: Its when you mean to say one thing and then you say a mother

and it really is the easiest way to explain it.

off topic, but anyway...

I dont get it. whats a freudian slip?

is it like if I was talking to someone and instead of spelling a word out, I say part of the word sound? (have done that before)

basically your subconcious is thinking of something else, something deeper, and what you are actually talking about makes you think of it so you say it. A fucked up one would be, your arguing with you wife and you accidently call her your mothers name, so its like you have issues with your mother and other psychological trauma that affects you.

or what sig-man said. I always knew it as not only do you mistake the name but it also means you have like anal fetishes and shit..... freud. What a guy

Yeah I had a real bad freudian slip in front of my girl the other day. I was saying something about best buy or something but instead of the word "bestbuy" coming out i said "boobs", I wonder what was on my mind.