Ricci hatin on Q

$a!n+

Hate to post from_____ BUT i thought some might want to check it. Ricci talks Q down and talks about steppin to him or some shit. Riccis an idiot. Anybody ever check out Q's board. We should let him know Riccis callin him out see if we cant get a legit battle.

http://66.166.122.93/djdstyles/cgi/ultimat...c;f=14;t=000833

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I dont think anyones hating... I see d-styles flavor in there, with my flavor on that session (dont front I see it).... and his own flavors that hes been doing forever.. I see a lot of peoples shit in qberts style...

no one is hating...

its just boring...

Especially to someone who cuts to that level, theres so much more shit to do with scratching and how the turntable can be used as an instrument, and thats his little safe zone...

I do nothing but put myself out of safe situations and they all end up being safe and important to my development, which is why I dont look at that highly... cause while everyone is trying to categorize everything for easy consumption, it makes higher skilled musicians like myself working 382349823 times hard just to be heard, because it aint comin in the box that yoga could give yo ua lecture on while we do it. ITs deep, its honest, and you gotta have some type of thirst for wanting to hear new ill shit....

Cause while we all could be patent pending our own combinations and trying to formualize and market ONE ELEMENT OF AN ART THAT HAS MANY MORE ALTERNATIVES ON MAKING NEW SHIT..

Tell me what in that file was something we havent before seen... at one point, and this is where it is for q, it just becomes that question. What havent I seen... its the same beat, approach, techniques, just slightly different. I heard the beat before, and I seen the same mini chorus to solo routine with other sounds, the chirps and all the combos.

I think what peole forget is new shit isnt always about doing new things, but applying old and new things in new ways... so imagine what q's chirps would sound like with a slap effect over some scratch percussion.

Thats new shit, taking your sound to another level, shits been at the same level since 97...

No one ever said q didnt have skills, but I know mad fools who can dunk and drag fools in basketball who couldnt hang in an nba game... its more than skills... this is music... I want to feel something, the very best I can do with q is THINK, hey thats intracate... but not even that, cause I can do all the shit.

Never let your tech lead your direction, let it help paint your non technical vision more clearly. Technicality is knowing how to talk very well,, but if you aint saying shit, then who cares. Technicality is knowing HOW to walk, soul is knowing where to walk.

When you listen to my music, or any music that has depth, the message isnt so clear, what is q saying to me in that shit? That he can do this?

AND?

Use scratching to create the mood for a deeper message, use it to make a song that makes you feel something you dont even need words to understand.

stevie vai vs jimi hendrix... ive never felt like I wanted to cry listening to vai..

Guest Deeswift
Hate to post from_____ BUT i thought some might want to check it. Ricci talks Q down and talks about steppin to him or some shit. Riccis an idiot. Anybody ever check out Q's board. We should let him know Riccis callin him out see if we cant get a legit battle.

Yes, I'm a member of Q's board. I would think it's no big deal though, Q ain't got time to fry such a small fish.

Yes, I'm a member of Q's board. I would think it's no big deal though, Q ain't got time to fry such a small fish.

It would jus be classic to have Q comment on Ricci.

Guest Deeswift

Ricc would be one of the most respected DJ's on the planet if he just shut up. The guy has good cutting sklills. Nah, GREAT cutting skills, bu... oh fuck it. We all know the score. He should take an example from his homeboy Dave Styles. Ricc just cries all the time cause he doesn't feel like people are listening. Imagine Dave acting like that? Nope. He just let's his hands speak, which is the way it should be done if you want to EARN respect.

fuck the fat piece of shit hes a fucking waste of space soon enough he will get fucked on anyway no need to worry hes contributing to his own downfall look at thrash like poly...

he is a LOOSER.

i must say i feel ricci on most of his statements

he aint a fool and he is a very talented musician

and he is pushing the scratch scene in the right direction imo

he oviously has an ego complex but who cares

i like most of his music and he is a great scratcher dont know if he could battle q but i got really alot of nicks old practice files and he indeed is bionic on the cut...i could post some of his old files if peeps are interested btw

however...people stop tripping about his attitude

i wouldn't say he's stupid but he is deffo foolish at times.

not that he's any different from anyone else in that department

funnily enough i feel his comments on q a little. imo q has become some financial phenomenon, a money making scheme, he's fair detatched from his roots.

however, who can blame him? most cats who were battling with q are in semi-retirement anway, so cussing him for not doing anything new is a bit low.

my view on q is he's the hardest working dj ever... but i think he may well be short on inspiration now the isp have disbanded.

q will not even mention ricky's name, the guy posioned skrathcon didn't he? and then the whole "trailer park" incident.. and then the split when dave worked with rick. hmmm..