POST A PIC OF YOUR SETUP

and i'll tell my missus it cost at least £100 less than i'll actually end up paying for it which always seems to end up getting me off the hook .

This is a re-occuring theme for me, spent £50 on a record, na babe I got it in the £1 bargain box, I was really lucky. Then I proceed to eat beans on toast for the next fucking week - before she gets home.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

my setup is super basic but it's good enough for my own personal needs .ive also got an Akai S2000 rackmount sampler and a laptop to run Ableton on arriving sometime next week and I'm also looking around for another pad based sampler to use alongside the sp404 (owning two 404's could also be a possibility..these samplers are dope sounding,have some wicked FX built in and are so user friendly, plus they are built like little tanks)

The Sony Digital on the left of the photo was originally purchased in 1986 and at the time cost a small fortune for a cd player but has never once let me down in 30 years of owning it.

• Like 1

please make a jungle album dan :)

Hehe-i have made a couple of drum n bass type tunes before but that was quite a few years ago now.

I always ended up putting way too many mad old dub reggae samples in them and tended to go a little bit mental with the delay pedal for them to be classed as proper Jungle tracks tho.. :((

I also had this rubbish little keyboard once that cost me about a tenner , it was a bag of shite but I midi'd it up through an Alesis SR 16 drum machine ,slapped some overdrive into the signal and played the drum patterns off the keyboard at 160 bpm...i tuned the keyboard down to minus 12 which took the bass notes down 2 octaves and the filth that came out of that crappy thing was pretty impressive tbh but eventually I think I fried its motherboard from pushing it so hard lol...I saw one recently for 30 notes or something and did think it would be fun to have one again to fuck around with.

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

Between having a lot of clutter and two places to keep it, I never have a definitive set-up to photograph. But I had quite a bit of it in one place yesterday, so I tried to get a photo but it was really long so hard to get a shot.

Nope...

Still no.

Here it is in bits.

• Like 7

The TDKs - a couple of weeks ago a lady walked into the shop with 10-12 of them all sealed and asked me to "get rid of them" for her. I did!

The sampler - early days, but so far I'm really impressed. Fantastic 'old sampler' style sound degradation possibilities which I've only just touched the surface of and it's a surprise both in terms of how full featured it is (for a little old budget sampler) and how easy it is to use. Highly recommended mate! In fact it would be a fine addition to your setup for a pretty small outlay.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Ju0dfSJ.jpg

Picked up a new table top the other day enabling me to finally get the best of my dj gear in my home studio, analogue set up on the left and digital Traktor stuff on the right.

EqYEvPG.jpg

9gCfySi.jpg

Picked up the denon 3900 moving platter digital deck off ebay this week, bit of a gamble purchase. Hoped it would be an improved DVS solution vs needle/real deck and so far Im made up with it. Traktor receives a constant clean signal from it and it feels noticeably tighter with DVS, especially with really fast techniques and stuff where the platter gets a working. Ive been looking at getting one since hooking up with the brass band, gonna be easier to carry round and no need to worry about the band jumping/dancing on stage playing havoc with my DVS signal.

• Like 7

Guest It'sPhilFromThursdays

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiicccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkk!! Runs to Paul's house. The Denon looks amazing! Me wanna a go.

• Like 2

Im chuffed the denon gamble worked out, got a big-ish gig up London with dat brass on Saturday, very tempted to take with which shows how comfortable or smooth the transition to this deck is. Even at this early stage I already prefer cutting with DVS on the denon vs a traditional deck with DVS, it jus feels more accurate with fast stuff, its not like a massive improvement but certainly enough to notice.

Definitely ferms up my jealousy bout the Rane 12 being serato only, Id be all over a Traktor version.

My only criticism about the denon so far is Im not to fond of the start/stop button and would def prefer if it was a 10 platter rather than 9.

Small platter gives it a very light in use feel similar to a portable, in use Id say it fits bang in the middle of a full size deck and a portable, like a 7 theres a couple of techniques that are actually slightly easier to pull off but unlike a 7 pitching control isnt a right fucker to nail, def gonna be experimenting with different slipmatts/plastic combo to see if I can get more out of it.

• Like 1