POST A PIC OF YOUR SETUP

that ms-20's looking real nice

Thanks, but I am trying to sell it already. I realized I can get better sounds (in my opinion) for the music I want to do from other analog synths such as the ARP Odyssey and Korg Minikorg 700s, and I can probably get a Frostwave Resonator which has the same External Signal Processor filter as the MS-20, which would be dope. I would also make at least a hundred bucks from selling it.

In my opinion, the best thing about the MS-20 is its filter, not its sounds.

• 1 month later...

This is only temporary, it's my setup at school, but I plan on taking them home the next time I go home. The interface behind my laptop is a MOTU 896, the top synth is a Yamaha CS-5, that's the Univox K-2 (or the Minikorg 700s) underneath the Yamaha MG10/4 mixer and the iMac. By the way, the speakers are to the left because that's where my turntables are. By the way, I sold the Korg MS-20 for a profit.

Ahhhhhh...the joy of vintage analog synthesizers.

• 2 weeks later...

I took my synths back home, I will most likely have my iMac where the PC is right now when I take the iMac home from school...

Univox K-2 Mini-Korg 2 on the left, Yamaha CS-5 on top of the Mini-Korg, Korg ES-50 Lambda underneath the computer monitor and studio monitors.

i just checked some demos of this lambda. it has some really ill strings sounds...kinda similar to some of those famous string snths i guess, nice!

Thanks, yeah, the Lambda has some nice 70s strings, as it was made in 1979 I believe. As for the Minikorg 700S, and the Univox K-2, they are different in a way. There are different models, some with no fine tuning slider, and some with (mine does), some with the black switches like on the 800DV (I have those) and some with white switches.

This is the one I have:

This is another model:

And yet another model:

You can see the top one says Mini-Korg 2, the middle one says Univox Mini-Korg K-2, and the bottom one says Synthesizer mini KORG-700S. You acn also see the bottom two don't have the fine tune slider on the left hand panel (they only have two sliders, mine has three). You acn also see that they have white switches, while mine are black.

They basically have the same features, except one was released by Univox, and after Univox renamed itself to Korg, they released the K-2 Mini-Korg 2 under the name K-2 Mini-korg 700S.

I've heard different models have sound different, although I personally think they sound the same...doesn't really bother me. I love my K-2.

So Solemn, jealous much? ;)

It's okay. I'm broke as fuck now. And you still make better music than me.

• 2 months later...

New pictures:

REALLY far off from where I want to be (I'm selling a couple synths), but this is what I have now...

My Univox Mini-Korg K-2 (circa somewhere around 1974)

My music making station (yes, I know the monitors are in weird places, I need to get stands)

My turntables.

• 1 month later...
interesting... so r the zigzags for tobacco or tweed?

i don't take drugs, i'm a winner!

smoke like a fucking chimney though!

don' know why i've got an ipod dock on my desk, i haven't had an ipod since i lived in my last house...