POST A PIC OF YOUR SETUP

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest petesasqwax

Not the best picture in the world and I couldn't fit on the pedals, tape deck/amp/phones, bass/guitars or 1210/05proIII but this is the current setup. I've had it all set up here for over a year now and I've only today got around to moving my PC off the desktop and sticking it underneath... total bonehead.

• Like 3

Guest petesasqwax

Oh, and Mike's setup wins everything forever! Fuck - SO nice, man - the 1000, the 60 and the Sub Phatty? It's a beautiful thing!

• Like 2

right now there's a plate of cold half eaten food on top of my mixer. Broccoli in cheese sauce, which smelled like... a farmyard... for some reason. I didn't finish it.

Meh - a perfectionist diva if ever there was one and " the best scratcher the U.K. has ever produced " according to none other than DJ Prime Cuts and he leaves a plate of cold uneaten cheesy farmyard smelling broccoli on top of his mixer...

Dee, I will love you unconditionally and forever but I'm also telling our Mum what you said about her cooking bro ...

Not the best picture in the world and I couldn't fit on the pedals, tape deck/amp/phones, bass/guitars or 1210/05proIII but this is the current setup. I've had it all set up here for over a year now and I've only today got around to moving my PC off the desktop and sticking it underneath... total bonehead.

thats a lovely looking set up mate..im seriously looking into buying a hardware synth myself soon as I have a load of weekend overtime coming up at work again shortly

I'm totally undecided on which make or models to go and check out tho.

• Like 2

Hehe - don't ask me, mate - I'd give you a different answer daily ;)

Lol.

Well whatever I end up getting will have to have at least a four octave keyboard and i'll tell my missus it cost at least £100 less than i'll actually end up paying for it which always seems to end up getting me off the hook .

You see my girl does this strange thing where she looks at me like a peregrine falcon staring through a gap in a Venetian blind whenever I foolishly mention the prospect of buying any new bit of equipment so I have to be particularly carefull what I say or wish for out loud hahaha.

• Like 1

Guest petesasqwax

Hehe - my wife is awesome with stuff like that, but I have space constraints within which I have to work. Some days I toy with the idea of selling my Minibrute, Microbrute, Volca Keys and Minitaur in favour of a "proper" Moog, but it's a tough call...

• Like 1

Guest Symatic

That Xone looks like it had the same treatment I gave to one of mine after my respraying technique fucked it up royally - I ended up trying to remove the paint with Acetone but it ate through the original paint too! Still, it was a worthy sacrifice as I sent it to NMCP so they could use it as their template :)

That Xone looks like it had the same treatment I gave to one of mine after my respraying technique fucked it up royally - I ended up trying to remove the paint with Acetone but it ate through the original paint too! Still, it was a worthy sacrifice as I sent it to NMCP so they could use it as their template :)

I'm choosing to think of it as 'well-loved'!

Really dope setup Pete :)

Mike is that styleflip skin on your 1000?

No, a guy from MPC forums did it for me. He worked somehwere that gave him access to all the printing facilities.I seem to think it was before styleflip were doing MPCs. I looked at getting a skin from MPC stuff first but they wouldnt put the Akai logo on for copyright reasons back then.

Oh, and Mike's setup wins everything forever! Fuck - SO nice, man - the 1000, the 60 and the Sub Phatty? It's a beautiful thing!

Thanks man!

Guest petesasqwax

Ever since I saw your setup I've had a nagging thought of trading in a few bits I have for a Little Phatty I've got my eye one... It's a bit large for Leonie not to notice otherwise I'd just buy it outright - I don't have anywhere to put it without moving something(s) out!

• Like 1

Guest petesasqwax

I've run out of hiding space ever since my studio space became a wet room and all my equipment ended up moving to our bedroom (nothing says "romantic as fuck" like a shitload of audio gear... although perhaps I don't need romantic as fuck with 5 kids already ;) )

• Like 2

haha!

To be fair I have it easy, our lass can't tell the difference between the Push, Maschine or the Circuit, to her it's just "a box with flashing lights" :d She did notice when the microphone turned up (it's hard to miss really) she wasn't pissed tho, spent an hour singing into it :wacko:

Guest petesasqwax

Ha! That's excellent! I believe I may have found an ingenious new method of justifying new gear- I've just set up a PC running Ableton with a controller keyboard and pads on the desk in the kids' toy room :) For a start, I'll need to replace the controller keyboard I've given to the kids... would she be able to tell that a Little Phatty isn't the same as a 25 key USB keyboard? Hmmm... I think she might