POST A PIC OF YOUR SETUP

Guest Psychedelic Schizophrenic

It's an Expedit unit (now Kallax). Yeah perfectly sturdy, especially with records and equipment weighing it down, doesn't move at all!

Cool will keep this in mind if I ever get round to redesigning and relaying my studio out. Does this need to be modified at all? I know the large cube expedit units needed to be built a certain way to stop it collapsing under the weight.

It's an Expedit unit (now Kallax). Yeah perfectly sturdy, especially with records and equipment weighing it down, doesn't move at all!

Cool will keep this in mind if I ever get round to redesigning and relaying my studio out. Does this need to be modified at all? I know the large cube expedit units needed to be built a certain way to stop it collapsing under the weight.

Not that I know of? Just screwed it together, but this is the smaller model.

• 3 months later...

Nice Arp!

It's in bad need of a service, the keyboard tracking has gone but I don't know anyone I trust to fix it.

I have a few friends who have had horror stories with synth repairs.... I don't suppose any of you folks know anyone who could help?

Where abouts are you ?

If you are in the uK, you can hook up with Top Hat electronics on Facebook and ask him, I have had so many recommendations for him you would not believe, he's down in Cornwall though.

I'm sending him one of my SCS4DJs when he has time (Yeah you have to get on the waiting list he is that well regarded)

PS Behringer stuff is off the chain for quite a while now, their QC is superb and the designs are too, the X32 was a whole step up for them, and the NOX range is close to untouchable in its current price range.

Edited by Flexinoodle
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...

gangsterous

Thats the 2nd one of the 3 records i got from yall. The first one i cut to fit the 45 adapter that comes with the 5500, but the record didnt lay flat. This one is cut to fit the "3/4 moon shape" spindle on the 5500. It works just as good without the black circular holder clip, so the record can be easily flipped. The vinyl thickness is just right for this, just wish there was more sounds recorded closer in to the center.

Thanks for shipping those out so fast.

I like this so much i bought 2 more hs5500s, and feel like a directional shift from "turntable as controller via timecode" to "controller as also record player" is interesting.

• Like 1

Here's my new set up. I'm so pleased its finally done. This was meant to be finished in August at the same time as I moved back to Leeds and started my new job. It took a lot longer than that, but I won't bore you with the detailed account of my frustrations. This is probably the best I've had my equipment set up in terms of ease of use and not having to unplug everything to use kit in different ways, so I'm looking forward to using it.

EDIT: Oh Shit - just realised this is my 808th Post!!

• Like 8

Mike's set up looks dope as fuck and really nicely organised..

Out of interest whats the drumkit you have there Mike as i couldnt make out a name on it ?

It's a just a cheapo peavey one. I'd like a decent kit at some point. I took some time planning the organisation- I've had too many wasted hours in cramped ad hoc spaces over the years.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A peek at my modified Numark PT-01 Scratch, modified Innofader inside thanks to Elliot from Innofader. Since posting this video I've gone ahead and done the start/stop arcade button too as well as ultrapitch but the ultrapitch was acting funny so I disconnected it for the time being.
  • Like 1

Guest Psychedelic Schizophrenic

Some really seriously sick set-ups here :) Only need a few more pieces of gear then I hopefully will get mine done, finished and posted soon

• Like 1