[POLL] SHOULD WE HAVE AN ART SECTION?

Guest Deeswift

Guest Deeswift

Lady D got me thinking today when she mentioned Artpad "battles"!

Should we have some kind of art section for graf, photoshop art [*thinks of Sigma whilst stroking beard*], Lady D's Artpad suggestion, anything art related... Maybe this could work for all kinds of stuff though... say you wanted ideas / feedback on a design for a mixtape cover, anything.

The original DV board had such a section for a while but it was rarely, if ever got used. Saying that, we never had the amount of members that we have now, so no suprise there. The scratch section was called Art Of Noise and the art section was called Noise Of Art (which I occasionally enjoyed changing it to Noise O' Fart, at random).

Would a section like this be overlooked in a similar way to how the DVKB is? Got to be realistic. The general chat area is always the busiest of part of almost any board, but variation is good. It'd be cool to just look at dope artwork anyway, at least

Vote please.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with giving it a go. I just can't see it getting used. If people wanna post up stuff, they could do it in the Freestyle section, but I've not really seen any up to now.

I think if it was put up people would post more art than regular. And like huw said it wouldnt hurt, I mean the worst that can happen is we have another section, and if it really isnt working

DELETE! I say give it a go.

Guest Deeswift

I can see both sides, but I did vote yes. As several people have said, it can always be deleted if it doesn't work. I'm with Huw and Alk on that. I'm easy either way though, let's see how the vote goes and see what people want.

Donna -- sorry, I thought you said something about artpad battles!

yeh definately..as long as it doesnt have to b modern art etc...thats ok but i would like to see normal drawing as well...i'll go 1st waht u think of these drawings..did them whilst stoned at college digs...nowt special but i like them

http://www.powow.com/rygon/pix/pix.html

beware there are some popups on this page

if any of u like them im selling the originals @ £500000

i was thinking a politics section as well seeing that many ppl talk about political agendas here...its nice to sort stuff out so its easier to find..i cant use the search part...can never find what oim looking for even when i spell it correctly

Guest Deeswift
i was thinking a politics section as well seeing that many ppl talk about political agendas here...

Now, a political section I wouldn't vote for. Too negative. Too far removed from what DV is really about.

Yeah and Dee can rant about his horse for pages and pages of posts.

Admit, you are jealous, especially as they were done freehand in MS Paint. ;)

oh no i like it haha i like weird shit but its just weird how they attached the human spine to the other animal.. Weird haha

But i really like it

that stuff is ill.. check this ill shit out from my mate..

edit. my mate larz did the one on the right. sorry for making it so massive, but its gotta be massive!

Edited by cgroove