Mach 3 session

Guest Ryan

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't know, cause I have no clue what I'm doing half the time! It's rare for me to analyze anything I do and think "that's a 4-click flare to nollie 180 sidewinder tailspin" or whatever. As far as I know, it's like a regular one click flare on the fader hand but with a delayed record movement that's twice as long as a regular flare. Or something. Fuck knows.

EDIT: Come to think of it, you might be close. There is a chirp to start off that pattern on the file, but I carry on with 1-click flares for the fader movements. It's just I'm doing some odd stuff with my record hand.

haha no I don't think about that stuff when I'm doing it either, but you got to get it across somehow. When I'm scratching I only think about the sounds and the rhythms I want, never 'right I want to do a 4 click reverse chirp sodflare next' or whatever. If I'm scratching well I kinda send the sound I want to hear to my hands, not the movements required to execute it, if that makes sense :s

everytime i see q doing a crescent flare it just looks like a delayed 3-click. I'm almost positive he's doing them in the Vestax 99 video right after Melo-D gets kinda messed up and scratches off beat.

everytime i see q doing a crescent flare it just looks like a delayed 3-click. I'm almost positive he's doing them in the Vestax 99 video right after Melo-D gets kinda messed up and scratches off beat.

yep they kinda give the same sound, theres a few different types of cescent flares. It sounds like a 3 click flare but it's a 2 click with a transform on the end, which gives a delay type er.. type sound

Aww fuck it delete this thread...