I just bought...

• 2 weeks later...

Got a secondhand Pioneer Toraiz SP 16 on the way. Supposed to be a bit limited (compared to MPCs) and looks like Pioneer have stopped updating it but supposed to sound amazing and intuitive to make stuff on. Can't wait 🤤

• Like 4

Treated myself to a korg nts-1 , it’s a little build it yourself synth , but has the same fx processing chip as a minilogue .building it was easy and have already made some crazy sounds using the little ribbon keyboard some arp /filter / hall reverb action. Looking forward to spending hours playing with it and making no music 😂 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Pulled the trigger after 2 years.  I didn't realize what I was getting into financially.  I knew that the lens was going to be expensive, but even the tripods range from $1k-$10K (also, do British keyboard have a £ symbol above the 3?).  Whatever.  Welcome to my life.  There's no turning back.

The only thing left is to learn how to use it.

BMPCC4K 2021 JPG.jpg

• Like 5

4 hours ago, scottie(the)goonie said:

Pulled the trigger after 2 years.  I didn't realize what I was getting into financially.  I knew that the lens was going to be expensive, but even the tripods range from $1k-$10K (also, do British keyboard have a £ symbol above the 3?).  Whatever.  Welcome to my life.  There's no turning back.

BMPCC4K 2021 JPG.jpg

Is this for selfies?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

On 5/6/2021 at 1:26 AM, scottie(the)goonie said:

BMPCC4K 2021 JPG.jpg

Holy shit that's serious! Love the cigar backdrop too. What you got planned?

• Like 1

You guys are funny.  You see a cinema camera and instantly think of what YOU would do if you had one.  

@djdiggla I do vape/smoke wholesale.  That cigar lounge is one of the retailers we supply to.

I got the camera because I've been editing/color grading for the last few years and my set up was built for 10-bit 4k+ footage, but it's super hard to actually ahold of footage that isn't licensed.  Some of my friends who edit for a living have been nice enough to send me super legit Red/Arri footage (shot for Netflix) but obviously I can't actually post anything.

Not sure what I'll shoot.  Maybe post up in Malibu hills and record canyon cars?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Steve said:

So what is that camera and how much did it cost? If the tripod can cost up to 10 grand, I'm assuming it cost a fucking fortune.

Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Cam 4k, Cage Accessories, Mini Monitor, Baseplate (used) $2000
Speedbooster to fit Canon EF Lens: $600
Canon Lens $1000
Fluid Head Tripod $500
V-Mount Battery $200
Gym Selfies: Priceless

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

^ sick!

I recently got a Canon R6 for studio video/photography

I was recommended the blackmagic 4k/6k too - they look dope but the autofocus on the Canon swayed me. how are you finding it?

• 1 year later...

Gretsch Electromatic 5410 'Rat Rod' 

Full hollowbody build with no centre block, black top Filter Tron humbucking pickups and a Bigsby vibrato tailpiece .

The colour is Phantom Metallic silver .

And yes ,it's a fucking beast  :) 

Loosen your seatbelts ...let's Rock & Roll...

94F38B3.jpeg

• Like 5

It sounds absolutely amazing..I've got to admit its also a little intimidating with the sheer amount of stuff this thing can do, especially coming from the Roland SP series of samplers I've always used. 

But I'll get stuck in with the manual and there's also a load of tutorials online plus the good folks over at MPC  Forums are a font of knowledge if I need any questions answered or advice.

• Like 3

• 7 months later...

Got a new old stock Stanton STR8-150 a while back.  Cool turntable but all of the "soft touch" surfaces have turned sticky (all the buttons, the pitch-fader knob, the base, etc.)  I've been hitting the buttons with Goo Gone then clear coating to protect the writing on them.  Kind of a ridiculous flaw but otherwise a beast of a turntable that tracks better than everything else I have.

• Like 2