I just bought...

• 1 month later...

I purchased the Mixars Cut a couple months ago. Really good mixer if you don't use software. Nearly as soon as I got it though one of my 1200's went haywire so I'm down to one turntable, bleedin shite cracked. Have to use YouTube on me iPad if want a mixing sesh.

But yeah dope mixer. The fader is defo not scratch-ready, had to stuff 2 cigarette filters selotaped together into it.

Bought an SP 404A also the other week. Having major fun jamming on it but I think the cuntin thing blew up my hi-fi, had to knick me ma's then.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Pioneer CDJ-800MK2... got a pair for $80 total on FB Marketplace. Not something I was specifically looking for but will be fun for me or the kids to mess around with.

cdj-800mk2-main.png?h=768&w=1024&hash=8A

I regret selling my CDX. Had some slight drift issues when using serato in vinyl mode tho... I think they all did... just FYI. It's possible Serato fixed that in an update but IDK. I've been looking for a cheap HDX for years. Supposedly those did not drift.

I have the loot right now to cop a Pioneer S9 for $1000, maybe $900. However, I kinda would rather put it towards my credit card. I seldom use the DVS aspect of my Z2 anyway (even though it's dope) as I mainly use it to cut, so not sure purchasing the S9 would be worth it for the time being.

Thats tempting. Good mixer. Ive always been a little gun shy of the SL integrated mixers tho. Seems like just one more thing that could break.

@JHouse - Im loving em. I was using a Numark TTx for serato and swapped in out with the CDJ. So much nicer. They feel great. Like surprisingly good. Serato reads the control signal better. Its not as good as scratching vinyl but to me its much much better than scratching and mixing with serato vinyl. Really happy with the purchase.

• Like 1

its much much better than scratching and mixing with serato vinyl.

Which SL box do you have? I had the SL1 ages ago, coupled with the original Serato vinyl, and it felt weird when scratching. For instance, I couldn't feel the bumps on the record like I'm accustomed to with traditional vinyl. Not sure if this has been rectified with subsequent SL versions/boxes as I haven't skratched with Serato since 2010. It feels natural with my Traktor Z2 setup though and I'm happy with the sound, just unsure on the future of NI and Traktor.

So update-sometimes its bitchy about taking a disc which wouldnt be that big of a deal if it wouldnt eject the disc when you turn it on. Still working but seems like it will stop eventually. Maybe I need to clean the drive.

Im using a newer Serato box and Serato DJ. I always felt like Seeato Live worked a lot better.

• 2 months later...

Tonium Pacemaker.

800px-Pacemaker_pocket_dj_system.jpg

I always thought these were gimmicky but also looked fun. Overpriced tho... I'd been following one for sale on reverb and he kept dropping his price... Finally I just pitched out an offer for $100 and he took it. It's one of the later models in mint condition so even if it just becomes a talking piece I'm still happy. Hoping it will be fun just for goofing around on the couch when the fam is asleep.

• Like 2

Got myself an edirol v4 video mixer for 100 swiss francs. I always wanted that mixer (I got the pioneer DVJ-X1 DVD-Scratcher and other sources to plug into it), but I was too expensive when it came out...

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

2 Tickets to see Qbert and Z-Trip in Denver. Never seen either live, but respect the f' out of them both, so need to check this ish out firsthand. Taking my homie, gonna rent a nearby motel, and just have a damn good night.

Also bought v3 of the Butter Rugs. Will report back on their feel. Been using the originals for ages, however, as people have mentioned in the past, there were static issues with these slip mats. To the point when I thought it was my fader, or worse yet, my mixer overall. Before skratching, I use to to take a metal coat hanger to my slipmats to neutralize them. Ugh.

Copped two pairs of classic Adidas track pants, too. And 3 plants for my place.

Crushin' it.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I bought one of these. Pricey but basically was my last chance to ever have one NIB... I've been window shopping them for a couple years. Realized it had been pulled from my wish list on Sweetwater because it was sold out. Searched around and pretty much everyone was sold out. Found a place that direct orders from the factory and they said it had been discontinued and I was getting the last one. Pretty nuts... just basically motivated by my regrets for not buying a C1 back in the day lol.

EDIT: Still dunno why I cant embed videos.

Edited by Steve
  • Like 2

I'm glad you persisted Dirk, 'cause that thing is sick. I could hear skratch drumming (in my head) behind that dude's finger bangin', so can't help but think it would be great for making tracks.

Back to the Butter Rugs v3 — the improvement is marginally better, from record slide to static. Meh.

• Like 1

Back to the Butter Rugs v3 — the improvement is marginally better, from record slide to static. Meh.

Another Yoga-Sureshot you mean...

I saw Q-Bert around 5 times (1997 with the Picklz in Zürich was the dopest), but never Z-Trip. Hope you got a nice time with your homie...

• Like 1