What games are you guys playing at the moment?

Steve

Oh man, yeah Kingdom of Hearts is on my list too. Never done Unchartered. I really dig the Just Cause series (especially 3).

On 6/17/2021 at 9:16 AM, Steve said:

A lot of people weren't that taken with the first Uncharted, but I thought it was really good. The second one is fantastic - a big step up on the first. I kinda got tired of the series after that.

if i get the chance, i might start it this weekend.  

So I just started playing Infamous 2 on ps3.  This game actually came with my ps3 when i bought it years ago.  i just never played it. dont even know why.  it was actually still sealed.  This game is actually pretty cool if you never played it. It basically has the same mechanics as spiderman on ps4.  

I'm stuck in a gaming rut.  Toolbox Fallacy.

I keep buying games I think might be good and not wanting to invest the time into learning them.

Griftlands, ARK, Subnautica Below Zero, Disco Elysium.  I'm chasing the feeling of suspended disbelief that I crave.  I miss smoking weed for this reason - it helped me really enjoy a game.

16 hours ago, scottie(the)goonie said:

I'm stuck in a gaming rut.  Toolbox Fallacy.

I keep buying games I think might be good and not wanting to invest the time into learning them.

Griftlands, ARK, Subnautica Below Zero, Disco Elysium.  I'm chasing the feeling of suspended disbelief that I crave.  I miss smoking weed for this reason - it helped me really enjoy a game.

when i dont feel like investing serious time and thought into a game, i usually turn to old platformers or beat em ups.  i got the crash bandicoot trilogy a while ago. thats a good one to just play for playing sake.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I've been playing Raji: An Ancient Epic, which is an action adventure game based on Indian mythology.

It's a platformer/brawler with some light puzzle elements. It's really cool. Not massively challenging, but the combat is satisfying and the game has some really nice environments and music.

It's available on all current gen consoles and PC. If you have Game Pass, you can play it on Xbox or PC via that.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got Unavowed today on Steam for 40% off. I won't watch the review to avoid spoilers, but so far I like it a lot. Great atmosphere and logical puzzles. Give it a shot if you're into oldschool Point & Click adventures:

“Unavowed is unquestionably one of the most impressive point and click adventures made in many, many years. It’s of a scale I wasn’t at all expecting, with layer upon layer of complexity and variety in a way the genre has genuinely never seen before.”
Rock Paper Shotgun

“Unavowed is much more than it appears: it's a brilliantly written adventure that makes you care deeply about its inhabitants and subverts your expectations.”
Gamespot

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/16/2021 at 10:15 AM, Steve said:

I've been playing Hades: -

It's a fantastic game. It's available on all console platforms and PC and it's part of Game Pass on both Xbox and PC, so if you have that you can play it without having to buy it.

Have you made it out of Elysium yet?

• 2 weeks later...

I started death stranding when it was cheap after seeing it get eviscerated in the reviews, but I really enjoyed it when I started to understand it. Haven’t played it in a month or so but I’m about 10 hours in.

im streaming castlevania symphony of the night which i always meant to get around to but never did, and enjoying that.

I was really looking forward to cyberpunk and nearly built a pc to play it on, I can’t see myself making a pc now unless money is no object because the value for money is so bad compared to the new consoles… I need to do a list of games I actually want to play though, because I’ve barely played for a generation and there must be three or four games I would absolutely love in the past eight years or whatever. 

I'm stuck in a gaming rut.  I've stopped buying games since I never get around to playing them or just get bored of them half way through.

The games that I enjoy now are actually the free games on newgrounds.com.  I guess I get tired of having to learn the new mecahnics of every game / researching stuff to no end.  Games that need little to no instruction on how to play are what give me joy.

I'm back to pretty much exclusively playing Overwatch. Since they added cross-play, the queue times are way shorter.

I'm gonna give Psychonauts 2 a go tonight though. It's getting some fantastic reviews, plus it's part of Game Pass so I don't need to buy it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm playing Lost Judgment (another Yakuza game 😄 )

I've only just discovered Remote Play for Playstation - meaning you can use your computer or phone as a screen with a controller to play your console over wifi. By setting the console up to be able to awake from rest mode from the remote app, I think you can play games from anywhere on a wifi network or hotspot provided the connection is strong enough. It's such a 🤯 concept to me!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I started Psychonauts 2 today. I'm about 3 hours in and it's really good! It's a single player platformer with lots of stuff to unlock/upgrade, side missions etc. and it has a lot of charm.

It's part of Game Pass on Xbox, plus the Xbox Series consoles both have a 120FPS option, which is nice. It's also available on PS4/5, Windows, macOS, and Linux.

Review: -

I ended up playing Psychonauts 2 for 8 hours today, lol. I planned to hop on and play for 30 minutes or so, but 8 hours later I was still playing. It's such a fun game, and really creative too. Definitely my favourite game released in 2021, by some distance.

9 hours ago, Steve said:

I ended up playing Psychonauts 2 for 8 hours today, lol. I planned to hop on and play for 30 minutes or so, but 8 hours later I was still playing. It's such a fun game, and really creative too. Definitely my favourite game released in 2021, by some distance.

i just downloaded psychonauts 1 a few weeks ago. didnt want to pay full price for psycho 2 yet.  The first one is an awesome game. I didnt realize it was on ps2. i thought it was newer than that. I would definetly play part 2.  

I just got Miles Morales on ps4. got it for cheap on the holiday sale.  I really enjoyed the first spiderman game. this one is just as good if not better.  The fight styles are a little different, which is good considering this is a different character.  Im enjoying the storyline as well. They put some thought into this one to make it a different game.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been playing Exo One: -

There's really not much to it and it's a short game, but there's just something about it that makes you want to keep playing. Once you get good at controlling your craft, you can really zip across planets super-fast.

It's part of Game Pass, so if you're on Xbox or PC, you can play it as part of that.