What is the oldest record in your collection?

Guest Deeswift

Guest Deeswift
What about you?

I dunno, I haven't looked for what the oldest recording I have actually is!

Most of what I have seems to be 70's fusion / jazz / rock / prog, etc. I do appreciate some old recordings, such as Billie Holiday's Strange Fruit, for example, which I think was 1939. But to be honest, most recordings before the 70's (before multi-tracking) I find hard to listen to. They are often just grating on my ears. I'm not very much into classical music.

I've got a tin foil cylinder with some bloke called Thomas Edison reciting Mary Had A Little Lamb. Bought it for 25p at a car boot. Worth owt you reckon?

LOL you know your history :8

the oldest record i have is a jazz compilation from '55 that i picked up for 50c.

jazz west coast - an anthology of california music

ps. rick your av looks like the dude got shat on

Edited by cgroove

fuck knows some old jazz or blues shit prob.

in terms of the first record i ever bought, something crunge makingly embarassing like 99 red balloons or something. possibly Cry Wolf by A-Ha, that was one of my first records, adn some thrash metal band called Helloween.lol

LOL, Napalm Death are hilarious. Are they still around?

I saw them once here a while ago. It was maybee around 95 or 96. I never saw so many people playing air-guitar. As for the earliest recording I got, I'm not shure. Must be a 7inch of Mungo Jerry (Summertime), which I received from my dad.

umm the first record i bought was fall back down by rancid- umm the oldest record i own is probably my dad's genesis lp i nicked- or maybe my blue's cafe lp or the electric light orchehestra i nicked off my mum which i still havn't listened too