OK MAC OS X Vs. PC's XP

alkatrazz

Keep the thread on point, please.

sorry dee :$ was just trying to make this thread interesting

buying a pc is like buying a car..theres many on the market and what is good for one person is not good for another..its a matter of taste and preferences...theres never going to be a right answer so i cant see the point in debating about it.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Deeswift

Heh, no need to apologize, it was a funny post. I'm just upholding the DV laws and regulations so I have to occasionally appear quite stern from time to time. :|

I think though, that 99% of us don't need a Mac, we'd be wasting our money when a decent PC will do a better job in everything apart from shit like Maya and After Effects. Or if you're a spyware n00b.

Guest Deeswift

Popularity would increase if they lowered their silly prices, it's no wonder they're less popular. They should stop trying to seperate themselves from regular PC users. Snotty bastards.

But ipod controls the market on portable mp3 players because it lets PC users use them and the ease of use and reliability. Hahaha i remember when they first became available to Pc users my mac head friend went ballistic. Probably best move mac ever made.

hell if i had the money i'd buy a mac, just cause they look so good. and yeah, that case above looks good, but how often do you see stuff like that? your average computer buyer will go into pc world rather than the net and stuff. if iwanted a stylish computer, i'd buy a mac.

not entirely sure if this post means anything!

Guest Deeswift

The internet is full of custom PC builders, it's probably more common than you think. The case above is a one-off, but anyone could build a wicked looking PC if they wanted to. I agree that the average PC looks like shit, but why compare an "average" PC to a Mac? Compare something custom built that looks as good as a Mac. We shouldn't compare a "specialst" product like a Mac to the average beige PC box.

Anyway, WTF -- Mac's don't even look that good, they are so fuckin hyped up! It's only because regular PC's mostly look shit that anyone even makes a big deal about them. I could build a wicked PC that looks as good as a Mac and performs better for less money, that's a fact. Or maybe you could buy a Mac case and put a proper computer in it...

Guest Deeswift

The specs for those machines are not good. I think the top model has an ATi X300, and the lowest has a nVidia 5200 card. Also, these are quite old. I remember reading about them on the AMD board a few months back. You could do much better mixo. I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole, personally. If this PC is more expensive than a PowerBook, people who buy them must be stupid. I'm interested to know how much they cost. I could build a PC for a few hundred pounds which would kick it's ass.

ppl buy them for the looks...if ppl see and expensive looking pc with an equally expensive price tag then they reckon it must b good

Guest Deeswift

Haha, sorry mixo. Really though, I bet that you could build a better PC yourself with just a few months of learning about it.

What I can't believe is Sony tries to push their weak version of water cooling, except they are running the hottest processors ever made inside their machines -- the Intel P4 Prescott cores. You can fry an egg on those things. Why didn't they put a proper processor in there such as AMD Athlon64 Winchester core? Performance and temperature would be way more impressive.

Sony PC's stink. Don't believe the hype, don't be drawn in by something that "looks good". Not that they even look good, IMO. A Wave Master case still looks better.

yea i've seen cases that look better, ifrogot waht site but that italian like game case maker or wahtever was pretty nice, ah well i like that sleek black, how about alien ware computers though, they're like 5000 grand, and they just look fugly, however i heard they're good with games

Guest Deeswift

The cases look good, but the cost of the components inside comes to way less than they charge. Pre-made PC's suck, period, IMO. They are a rip off, and an easy rip off because people generally don't understand PC's, they're drawn by the look of them and whatever hype the company spews about them. Any PC with a good graphics card, processor and plenty of RAM is good with games. Alienware are doing stuff with SLI configurations --2 grahics cards. That's why they are good with games. You can build a computer with SLI easy enough now, it's getting common.

i prefer mac over any pc, i just gave my pc to my mom cus i dont like em.

Macs works faster, and are more stabeil, my mac its fuckin sweet.

Its not hard to uppgrade, sure they dont sell it in every store, but u can get em from webpages. i order pc stuff from the web any way.

But if u are going with a pc, build it urself, ffuck premade shit, they use ofter cheep parts, and crap. Macs are premade with quality.

But what we know is, this argument will never end, its like whats bether, vestax or tech?

Right?

Sure, mac dont got all the softwares, and shit, but if u want u could get the, virtitual pc for mac, then u can use pc softwares on mac.

Best thing u could do is, test out a mac, talk to the sales man, ask quiz what you are wondering about.

But i vote mac, its a reason all the big producers, in 3d, and music use mac.

Guest Deeswift
do you get your components from overclockers dee?

OCUK? I bought about 90% of my system from there mate, but I got my graphics card (HIS 9800 Pro IceQ) from eBuyer UK. I want a better card though. This was the dope shit a year or so back, and it's still able to play anything I can throw at it, but it's about time for a new one. An X800 XL or something like that would be OK. I'm gonna go SLI (PCIe) eventually though. Dual nVidia 6600GT might be a good idea. I read reviews and saw benchmarks, and the dual 6600's blew away everything yet cost less.

i prefer mac over any pc, i just gave my pc to my mom cus i dont like em.

Macs works faster, and are more stabeil, my mac its fuckin sweet.

Its not hard to uppgrade, sure they dont sell it in every store, but u can get em from webpages. i order pc stuff from the web any way.

But if u are going with a pc, build it urself, ffuck premade shit, they use ofter cheep parts, and crap. Macs are premade with quality.

But what we know is, this argument will never end, its like whats bether, vestax or tech?

Right?

Sure, mac dont got all the softwares, and shit, but if u want u could get the, virtitual pc for mac, then u can use pc softwares on mac.

Best thing u could do is, test out a mac, talk to the sales man, ask quiz what you are wondering about.

But i vote mac, its a reason all the big producers, in 3d, and music use mac.

Mac's are "more stable"? Whatever gave you that idea? My PC doesn't crash. Ever. It's often background processes and spyware that cause crashes, so set it up right and maintain it and any PC will serve you well without crashing. There's no need for a crashing PC. I didn't think my Mac was stable, it was a piece of shit so I gave it away. I have never seen anything that crashed more than my old Mac. Also, there's a video floating around the net which some Mac user made, and he's saying how mad frustrating Mac's are, and they crash all the time. He is a pro graphics designer and video editor.

I ask again -- what makes Mac better for graphics and audio? No one has answered the question yet.

BTW, you can also emulate OS-X on PC. Try Cherry or Pear OS.

my PC at home is pretty much as powerful as you can get in a PC these days, and it's homegrown

What you rocking, snuff, AMD 64 / FX-55 and a couple of high-end video cards in SLI mode? I'm guessing you have something sick if you're saying it's pretty much as powerful as you can get!

www.msquared.co.uk -- a bit over priced? Just looking at their A64 3400 (s754) price. It's £175. Same chip at OCUK is £146.

I don't think all pre-made PCs suck at all. If you ask someone what they think of a certain PC manufacturer, they will say "Oh they suck dick", but if you ask them how they know they'll probably say "I read it on a message board". People also say "Their customer service sucks" but it's still better than no customer service at all if you build your own.

It all depends what you want from a PC. I could buy a mid-range PC fully built and with a warranty, delivered to my door for less than I could build it using the cheapest parts.