OK MAC OS X Vs. PC's XP

alkatrazz

I dont get what the big deal is about Mac's. Is there something im missing, ive used macs before my brother has one, and i dont see whats so great about them other than being really stylish. You can do everything on a PC that a mac can do but you cant do everything on a mac that a PC can do. Am i missing something or is it just cool to own a mac, because i honestly dont think theyre that much more stable from some of my friends that have them that have had problems, and almoust all errors are user negligence when it comes to pc and even mac apart from some but you have that in both camps (ie. faulty comp). SOmeone please enlighten me i could be totally wrong.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Deeswift

Mac's are for rich posers. PC makes more sense, you can upgrade parts so easily. Try replacing parts in a Mac, it ain't so easy, or try building one yourself. Mac's are good for certain things though, like graphic design. Fuck that though, nothing wrong with PC in this department either.

I agree with you Dee eventhough my bro has one hahaha but i think he could of got a pc that couldve have served him right graphic design. Thats the great thing about PC's you can get one to individually fit ur need with macs its either the strong ones (powerbooks and such) or not (ibooks and imacs).

Most studios I have been in have Macs, they say they are better for audio more stable etc. But if you know how to build a decent DAW, a PC shouldnt trouble you. :)

Guest Deeswift
ye i think MAC's are jus more powerful and sleek

PC's are more user friendly IMO

You saying a Mac is more powerful than (example) an AMD FX-55 rig? I would imagine my Athlon64 3200+ Clawhammer would beat it.

Guest Deeswift

There you go. And to say an Athlon64 would beat that Dell (or any Dell) is an understatement. So yeah, PC (even a crap one) annihilates Mac.

Guest Deeswift
macs are just damn sexy

It means nothing though, computers aren't supposed to be sexy. My PC is nice looking. Any PC can be nice looking, you can design the shit out of them and customize them however you feel.

yeah i know, i dont really konw the diff between mac and pc that well considering i've only had this thiing for less than 2 months but one thing i like about it is that i dont get spy ware or viruses, i can download anything not have to worry. its just so much more prettier. macs are like the diesel jeans for computers. i am just a sucker for functionable beauty.

Guest Deeswift
yeah i know, i dont really konw the diff between mac and pc that well considering i've only had this thiing for less than 2 months but one thing i like about it is that i dont get spy ware or viruses, i can download anything not have to worry. its just so much more prettier. macs are like the diesel jeans for computers. i am just a sucker for functionable beauty.

Does OS-X not get spyware? How so?

It depends what you define as spyware I guess. You still pick up tracking cookies, but you won't be browser hijacked etc. OSX is a lot more secure than Windows, but again it's probably a case of people gunning for MS cos they are popular. There's not many viruses that attack Macs either. I can only think of one and that was some weedy thing that did fuck all anyway.

Guest Deeswift

Black Wavemaster? It's nice but I'm not sure if I would buy another, it gets light surface scratches on it easily. Also the air through the front is unfiltered. I could fix that easily enough but spending £150 on a case I don't expect to do anything like that. Next case I reckon I'd buy is a Lian Li V2000 or something. The layout is great.

ok let me put the bullshit to rest now. I just bought an apple laptop, 1.5 GHz 80 GB hd, gig of ram 17". visually the shit is FUCKING AMAZING. if your a photoshoper, nothing beats a mac. Mac OSX has sick features, not to mention being able to run X side by side with aqua, Mac OSx's windowmanger, but it has a freebsd backend. any open source software you can think of is runnable. MacOSX also has something called expose, its the dopest shit ever when you got a desktop crowded with apps and you want to get to the desktop. it can single out certain windows and etc. It's not as quick to run applications, but once you learn the shortcuts you can get around on a mac quick and flawlessly. firewire?? yah thats mac technology. its fast as fuck, the firewire 800 transfers at 786 M/bs. no viruses, no spyware, i mean theres shit out there, but if your not a total fucking retard its very hard to get it. Ive had it for a month with no trouble, stable as fuck.

production? mac has the sickest audio ever. the little speakers on this dont have serious bass, but its recognizable, and the highs/mids are loud and crystal fucking clear.

last but not least is the sensors inside the notebook, which there are hacks for, which senses light and automatically adjusts the keyboard illumination/brightness, this changes ON ITS OWN. Thats mac innovation and technology and THATS why its pricy, but its some of the sickest, yet prettiest hardware out. there are some cons and if you want i can lay them out, but this is why people buy macs.

btw, if you didnt hear me, IT HAS A FBSD BACKEND, CMON WTF N00B

id like to make a mac myself.. :p

the workflow is a lot faster working with multiple audio/visual applications, basically for doing av and graphics work mac is better.. speaking form experience.

but pc's are well rounded, cheaper, but it seems to be more unstable. plus xp looks like a piece of fucking tae compared to osx.

ps we cant get those super dell systems here in australia, as far as i know.

Guest Deeswift

Again, I disagree, XP can look dope, and does. Just gotta tweak that shit. Actually, what exactly makes Mac's better for graphics? What can it do that a good PC can't?

U dont even have to do that much tweakin just get

Just click to tweak

thats the patch and this is

Click to get the skins biatchesss

that link will take you to a forum full of visual styles to make XP look Sexy some come with everything from backgrounds to icons some are just the skins for XP. Ive never had trouble using the skins and changing them or with the patch. What I do recommend is not use or if you will very cautiously use the boot screen programs. Fucked my computer up once becuase of changing my boot screen. SO chhhe cheee check it out... Biatches