OK MAC OS X Vs. PC's XP

alkatrazz

Guest Deeswift

OK, I'm not saying all of them suck, there's a few cheapies you can buy that are OK for the money, I admit. But these are very basic PC's costing a couple of hundred quid or something -- generally a shitty beige box affair. I'm not even thinking about customer service. I'm talking about the price of the PC compared to what it would cost to build it yourself. If you can buy something pre-made cheaper than it'd cost to build yourself that's rare.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't buy a Sony PC. They are one manufacturer that are consistently well over priced for an under powered machine. Also, they install a ton of unnecessary shite along with XP that can prove difficult to remove. I also agree with Dee in that I don't think they even look any good.

Guest Deeswift
I seem to have a bit of rumble/rattle on my wavemaster ...

You ever experienced this dee?

BTW sony pcs suck ASS

The only thing I can imagine it being mate is either the side panels rattling or the big aluminium block at the front (the one sitting in front of the blue lights) which Cooler Master never seem to tighten up properly. I had to take the front off mine and tighten it myself because it was hella loose. This is a bit tricky. Before I explain how I did it, double check it's not this so we can rule it out. Just grab it and hold on or something. If it stops, that's the problem. If it's just the side panels, try moving the PC around or something, or touch the sides to dampen it. If it's that. maybe it's just a loose thumbscrew at the back?

Guest Deeswift
I wouldn't buy a Sony PC. They are one manufacturer that are consistently well over priced for an under powered machine. Also, they install a ton of unnecessary shite along with XP that can prove difficult to remove. I also agree with Dee in that I don't think they even look any good.

Word. I think it Sony PC's come with Norton. Say no more!