Super Scratch Sunday June 2013

Jimmy

Thanks a lot for everything yesterday guys, felt like a really decent session. Cheers to everyone making the effort to come down and make it what it is, and obvious extra thanks to our hosts Matt & Paul.

• Like 1

Guest It'sPhilFromThursdays

Yeah, props to everyone. It was great to see everybody and cut it up with them. I thought that was a really good session. It's took me ages to warm up and get into it properly, but i feel i was fortified by burgers this time rather than crippled (note 2 burgers is the sweet spot, no more or less).

Massive cheers to our gracious hosts as always. I hope you weren't left with too much meat on your hands.

• Like 1

Man I'm gutted about the food thing. I ate too much before we arrived (to avoid being the greedy cunt like previous SSS's) and the burgers weren't going. There was food there for the taking but I was too bloated to enjoy, yet in a cruel twist of fate, I am starving today and there are no burgers on offer. It's a cruel world.

• Like 1

God today was proper shit, I've been comfort eating like a depressed fat chick.

Scratch wise yesterday felt like I had sausages for fingers, a mixture of to much angst, adrenaline, probably one to many volcano's and trying to do techniques I can't, same old.

Symatic - yesterday it became clear we were missing a certain amount of dope-ness, mainly when we attempted the band thing, I'm not sure how I'd describe the sound that came out, but I know "space cadets" and "acid" are probably some of the words I'd use. Basically you were missed.

Cheers to everyone who made it, big shout out to Jimmy for making it happen and an almighty nice one to Leighton for the weighty clear special edition MOW record, that shits getting framed and hung on the wall.

• Like 1

I thought the last band bit was alright. Sy was missed though. It seems wrong when regulars aren't there.

Also, like Mo says, you were good, dude, i didn't notice you being bad or off or anything.

Double props to Leighton, too, for the wax with my name on it.

Lol. Holding a steady beat is tough :-) the band bit did turn in to a bit of a psychedelic trip :-)

Top day as always. Nice to see a regular crew forming and cool new faces too.

Looking forward to getting my hands on the footage.

Thanks for nice ness chaps, just found it frustrating that my hands couldn't do a couple of things I can normally do quite well, must be late for my period or something.

Band bit for me was an interesting mix of fun and weird, but watching the recording back and it's mostly weird. KutClass and Yoshi (earlier in the day) were both killing it on the drums though.

Edit - Adam I'm sure you'll be pleased when you see back the footage of you drumming, tidy as fuck mate

Thanks for nice ness chaps, just found it frustrating that my hands couldn't do a couple of things I can normally do quite well

You seemed to know what you were doing when we were in the toilet together, chap.

• Like 2

This thread's taking a bit of an emo turn... so on that note I like to say I had a cold on Sunday and felt like was listening to everything through a duvet and was controlling my hands by remote control. Hell, at one point I even had a little cry over the burgers :(

Seriously though, after everyone left we watched some of the 2 hours footage captured on Paul's iPad and phone and there were some real good bits on there. I particularly liked the Doob/Kutclass/Eric/Paul/Mo five-way action over the Lewis James beat, right at the end of the day.

There was food going uneaten but I wasn't hungry. It's the stuff nightmares are made of. It was a golden opportunity to eat 4, maybe 5 burgers, but I was not hungry. Normally I don't eat much and end up ravenous so I ate a fair bit pre-SSS. That backfired like the plan of wearing shorts and a wife beater for the hot weather we didn't have.

Who comes to to a barbecue on a cold windy day in shorts with a full stomach? SMH

I wasn't left with that much food in the end - not bad considering that I bought 50 1/4 burgers, 5lb of thick cut bacon and 20 sausages... I think that there was 17 of us there with only 16 of us eating and all I had left was 10 burgers and a few sausages.

Sunday would have been a perfect opportunity for you to set a new record by eating 5 1/4lb bacon burgers in one sitting though... maybe next time.

Sounds like the future cause of death on Eric's medical report.

It'll be listed as burgery, he'll have been burgered to death, but there'll be a minor, but dreadful spelling error involving the first 'r' which will cause much speculation after his death.

It was nice to meet you by the way and mess around on a qfo for the first time, Supacuts. Cheers for bringing it.

Eric- i meant to ask what fader you had in your 06, cos it felt really nice and the 06 wasn't just clicking and clacking away like mine does when you use the fader?