My New Mixer: Pioneer DJM707

$a!n+

It has the nicest fader I have ever felt. Has the smoothness of a rane but the weight of a PnG.

I have been using a PnG in a Stanton. I wanted something that was more of a glide and llose like a Rane but i couldnt afford it. this pioneer was the way to. Its a 12 inch mixer rather than 10 and thats the only down fall.

THE FADER HAS 3 Adjustments!

1) Fade or cut

2) Where the fade or cut begins

3) You can adjust the smoothness. (Tighten it up and it feels like a PnG, loosen it up and it feels like a rane.

I like it and it was not too expensive.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

im thinking of buyin a new mixer..what is it like for mixing dance music. would you put it as a beginner novice or professional mixer

are the eqs / upfaders any good

I heard it had a weak fader stem, I dunno if its true or not but I would be careful with it, looks expensive to fix. The inside of that thing is crazy though the fader that is.

Guest Mike Reezy

I thinking of selling or trading my 56 for 07isp or 05prolmtd

I will probably end up selling it. I just cant like it, Dstyles uses Vestax mixers still, they dont seem to be doing him any wrong.

damn if I culd make my 56 feel like a Vestax that would beoff the heezy

Guest Mike Reezy
can you really not get into the feel of the rane?

Not Really, the kutt in is longer than on my 07. I do have the torsion spring removed (dont know if you have tried itlike this) but it is insane, like a focus fader.

I like the sound quality of it so much more than the Vestax. Im not droppin albums or anythying tho so, its not really needed.

So the main reason I have the 56 is because its like the Technics of mixers, it will probably last a lifetime.

Guest Mike Reezy

no shit, when I started I bought a 1200+07 @ $1000

now you can get a TT500+707 for $500

that means for the same price as what I got then, I could have had twice as much gear, not to mention much more options with the +-50 and reverse

you are right, this mixer is fucking off the hook! i bought it a few weeks ago for my girl, my homeboy got a discount coz he works at pro sound and so he hooked it up....the fader is by far the best that i've felt next to the tascam..the only thing i liked about the tascam/ecler faders is that theyre quieter but the pioneers are like 80000 times quieter than vestax or rane...it even has this cool tool that can tighten up the fader feel incase you want to mix and you can totally loosen it up for that buttery feel..i dont know what kind of fader is in the unit but sometimes it sounds optical to me? like a little too digital for my liking, definitely worth the price! the only thing that i wish it had was auxilary in/out puts that the rane had for effects and shit just incase, not that i ever use that anyways and it has xlr which my rane dont have but it doesnt have 1/4 inch outputs........ lovely fucking mixer though weighs like 20 lbs , way too much for my lil arms.

Well I'll keep yall posted and let yall know how mine keeps up. I bash them pretty hard moving them around alot, so we will see. Holla!

I think what she means by Digital is that you can set the xfader so sharp that its more of a sharp cut. Almost like a transform. But you can adjust it to your liking.

the upfaders have made controls too. It also has a digital start. I think it can start a tt from the fader.

Guest Mike Reezy
I think what she means by Digital is that you can set the xfader so sharp that its more of a sharp cut. Almost like a transform. But you can adjust it to your liking.

I cannot glean any info from that garbled ass sentance GABE.

"so sharp that its more of a sharper kutt" ? wtf?

"almost like a transform" WTF? A transform is a fader skratch not a description of anything having to do with the kutt in of the fader.

I still have no reason to understand how tyra thinks it sounds digital or somehitng, and you have failed to inform me why you do.

Guest Mike Reezy

effects send/return? YOU LOSE

that was the only type shit Loomin ever did that was funny, just taking whatever you just said, and saying oh yeah? YOU LOSE

anyways, no I dont htink it does mikeychris

effects send/return/ aux no it does not, i wonder why the mixer weighs so much though? i had a three channel vestax pcv and weighed half of what the 707 weighed.....wow i cant imagine this mixer breaking any time soon......my gear doesnt really leave my bedroom maybe thats why..what do i mean it sounds digital i dont know? i usually practise with headphones on cuz the guys here cant stand that skratching noise and im deaf too sorta and it just sounds SO digital like too clean? i am almost 100% they use a digital crossfader as opposed to vca and definitely not magnetic thats for DAYUM SURE! yeah my cuts on this mixer sound different than my cuts on the ttm56 but i saw some places still advertise the 707 for 699 US? I think they may just be trying to get rid of them since the 909 came out and that in my opinion isn't selling very well either. Pioneer just doesnt really stand out with turntablism, same with the other brands that didn't make it..like shit, the Tascam XS another solid mixer to cut on IMO dropped its price from like 5 bills to 90 dollars retail......its probably because they didnt succeed very well, I do believe in that motto "you pay for what you get" and thats why I dont really go for cheap shit but I did get to test it out before I bought it and I wasnt going to pass up the deal cuz I was quite impressed. Price determines alot about a product but not all the time, sometimes you get lucky. Like once last year some guy who was getting drafted sold me a brand new pair of Technic 1210 M5G's and he also threw in a pair of Stanton Trackmasters for $500 U.S. If I didn't know anything about turntables and was ignorant, I probably would have said theyre probably crap turntables. Sometimes you win and with the 707 I definitely think every buyer will.

Tyra

Guest Mike Reezy

So about saying it digital you say you dont know why.

But yet you say youre 100% sure its a digital corssfader. WHY?

Aside from feel what are using to make your determination that its a digital fader?

Also you say youre sure its not magnetic. Again, why?

I fail to understand why you would think your kutts sounded digital, if they were too clean? Perhaps you chose the wrong adjective?

Like I said before the sound doesnt even go through the cfader

I think you dont have a clue of what you are talking about

707 is $299 w/ a free case on www.audiolines.com

on ebay they are going for about $260

No no no, I've used a gazillion mixers before and most vca crossfaders after a while they start to bleed and the cut in isn't as sharp..the Pioneer djm 707 and 909 say their crossfaders are "NON contact" so i made an educated guess and assumed it to be digital, because I've used optical faders before and it sure as hell doesnt sound optical to me. I owned a mixer that was optical once and the adjustments of the curve sucked ass. I know for a fact that the 707 and the 909 dont use magnetic faders, the only mixers that I know that do are the ttm56 and the ecler 360. If they did use magnetic fader, I would definitely would be able to tell. You dont think I know what I'm talking about? Dood, I used to sell DJ Gear for a living out here for a whole year. I have tested enough shit you can imagine, but then again youre right that still probably makes me a dummy. HEHE.. I have nothing to back up the fact that I think that the crossfader is digital except for justice that only MY SET OF EARS can analyze and distinguish. Kay, lets say you were a passenger in a car and youre blindfolded and the driver was driving an automatic car.......you would be able to tell the difference between someone driving a stick would you? It's just feel and thats how I come up with my hypothesis. I could be wrong but you asked me a question and I did not answer with confidence, I answered it based on my experience so don't tell me I dont know what I'm talking about. THANKS :)

Tyra

Guest Mike Reezy

you are digging a deep hole tyra

again in this post you say

"it sure as hell doesnt sound optical"

WTF are you talking about? the fader makes sound? the fader alters the sound that doesnt even go through it? NO it doesnt.

What do optical faders sound like?

In a year of skratching u have used a gazillion mixers? WOW

Correct me if im wrong but the only digital fader I know of is in the Samurai mixers.

Nope, the ecler 360 has VCA faders

You know so much, dont you know that RANE has exclusive rights to the magnetic crossfader?

Again I ask you, what sound does your fader (or any for that matter) makle that only "your set of ears" can hear?

Please elaborate.

Also use some structure in your posts, it makes for a much less boring read.