Doob - Scratch Freestyle

d00ban

just noticed this on facebook.

def sounds like you've been practicing and trying to break the mould. It's good, but its a shame you used the ahhh/fresh sample imo.

but thats just cos its boring as fuck to me. you made it sound alot less mundane than most people. so yeh, i do like it :)\

what beat is that by the way?

Doob - love it. Nicely though out, intricate flows... at least that's how it sounded.

Jimmy - No. I get fed up with continuous Aaahs in videos, etc. But surely SSS should be the last stronghold of overusing the Aaah sound and not being judged for it? It's not like any girls are watching, or anything.

Doob - love it. Nicely though out, intricate flows... at least that's how it sounded.

Jimmy - No. I get fed up with continuous Aaahs in videos, etc. But surely SSS should be the last stronghold of overusing the Aaah sound and not being judged for it? It's not like any girls are watching, or anything.

I think we could defo put aside a little section for doing word cuts or something though. I'm pretty shit at word cuts and could learn a few things if we all did it (especially from Sy)

^^^

Agreed. We could all do with a bit less aaah... but Jimmy was trying to outlaw it altogether - if we don't keep an eye on him, he'll turn SSS into a dictatorship (like DV).

Also, I don't mean to shit in your burger or anything, but there are always great ideas floating around here before SSS...

just noticed this on facebook.

def sounds like you've been practicing and trying to break the mould. It's good, but its a shame you used the ahhh/fresh sample imo.

but thats just cos its boring as fuck to me. you made it sound alot less mundane than most people. so yeh, i do like it :)\

what beat is that by the way?

By the way Jim, this is the whole point of an ahh / fresh freestyle no? You've got the exact same tools but the goal is to make it sound less mundane - nah mean?

yeh but only about 5 people do that. the other 250,000 sound the same.

im not arsed about what new pattern (which probly isnt even new) someone has learn on an aahh sample when i watch/listen to a file. i just want to hear/see something that sounds good, or different, and i dont think theres a whole lot more that can be done with aahhh/ freshhh

i understand im alone in this, but fuck it. part of the problem is everyone having the same mind set - 'oh i need to use aahhh/ fresshhh cos everyone else does. thats what a scratch freestyle is'

nah, fuck that. its nearly 2013. time to take this shit somewhere else.

i did like your file tho.

That's all well and good and I agree to an extent, but may be you should back your views up with something ie a file of this new "2013 style"? You do you might also actually find it's quite hard to be original and your opinion might change on why people post the things they do.

yeh man, i fully understand its easy for me to talk about this stuff without showing it, i sound like the ruck. and i will post a vid when i get round to it. i just have other priorities. im gonna leave making mixes behind for a while after xmas so next year thats where my focus will be. hence the camera purchase really.

but you already know where to look for new shit, take the scratch bbq for example. the GOD set with slayer style heavy as fuck beats, or lewis james doing the soundscape thing, but with a few cuts. then with oslo flow. Jimmy Penguin and Deviant have been doing their own thing for years, and it doesnt involve a lot of ahhh, its all musical.

if people want to post their stuff up its fine, its good to get stuff out and show where you're at, but i dont feel the need to especially. personally, i've always thought if you're not gonna do or at least try something different, just dont bother recording it and enjoy it for yourself.

its slightly different, but why do people copy Q so much? even if someone gets that good, if they straight up copied him, all you'll ever get told is that 'you sound like Q'

it seems like there's very few people willing to put the effort into being more creative themselves. everyone wants a short cut or shown how to do it,

/rant :)