SuperScratchSunday_Year End 2012 (confirmed date etc added)

Jimmy

As before, I will be doing a BarBQ tomorrow... With maybe up to 20 people coming tomorrow all the meat, bread, sauces, charcoal and other stuff for tomorrow cost quite a bit. So if you want to eat burgers tomorrow a small contribution would be appreciated - about £4-5 each will cover us all to eat our fill, or if you don't want to eat much and give me less or don't want in at all, no problem.

• Like 1

Morning! right, the weather is pretty grim in Rye at the mo, for those who are coming by train it's a good 5min (crap cold damp) walk from the train station to the studio, so dress appropriately. When you train folk arrive in Rye, give myself or Matt call and we'll send the shuttle bus (knackered transit) round to drop off an experienced Rye local who'll lead you all back to the studio. Or with any luck we might have enough cars by then to come and pick you all up in one hit.

Paul - 07714435798

Matt - 07891856037

We'll keep an eye on our phones but keep on trying if ya don't get thru first time.

Ps. Cameras will be rolling for most of the day and audio will be plumbed in straight from the master mixer, soooo keep an eye on ya gain levels and do ya best to cue up in ya headphones pretty please x

that was BIG

Cheers to everyone for making the effort yesterday! As as usual a massive thank you to the hosts, they kill it every time.

Best way to cap off the year I reckon, by having the biggest yet. Nice to see how much SSS & everyone has grown. Hopefully see everyone again next time. I reckon 2013 is gonna be a decent year for SSS.

from Eric...

Guest It'sPhilFromThursdays

Just adding me saying "That was fucking great!" to the previous. The Ashford crew stayed until about 10, cos we're hardcore like that, and i was fucked all yesterday, but then i'm an old man.

Lush bbq, rinsing cuts and sound guys make for a real swell time. Great to see the guys i'd met before and meet the ones i hadn't. Props to the Rye massive, killing it as hosts supreme. You'll have to get Hugh Hefner style smoking jackets for the next time.

Cheers to Eric for teaching us that fader movement on the record thing, it's dope.

There's a subliminal message somewhere in this post, see if you can spot it.

HAVE SSS IN RYE ALL THE TIME

There's a subliminal message somewhere in this post, see if you can spot it.

Youuuuu!

Must admit I quite like the idea of a change of scenery for the next SSS, obviously the place is always, 100%, an option/there for backup, plus its a genuine pleasure for Matt and I to host, having everyone come to little old Rye is pretty dam sweet. Just be nice to have a bit of a change up (as long there's still burgers that is).

the photos are up

http://racelito.smugmug.com/Music/SSryenov12/26381871_3TRRjv#!i=2199949457&k=pzBKKZ5

im just gonna transfer to Fb now.

regarding a a new place, im meeting someone tomorrow who has a place is south east london, which incidentally isnt too far away from my new flat. I wont say too much right now incase it doesnt happen, but its looking promising and there could be 2 rooms available. 1 for sessioning, 1 for teaching....

Rye has become the spiritual home. SSS def wouldnt be where it is without it. can never thank matt and paul enough for that. but yeh, another should only bring good things.

• Like 1

I agree with the above. Our place will always be here and open to any SSS action, without question.

But it would be good to mix it up a bit too - a London venue would obviously be easier to get to for those coming from Bristol or Oxford say, or those Londoners who assume there's nothing past the M25. Also, if you find a new spot with two rooms, we'll have to up our game and finish our second room!

When you do check out this possible new London spot Jimmy, be sure to quiz him hard on his meat grilling skills!

I agree with the above. Our place will always be here and open to any SSS action, without question.

But it would be good to mix it up a bit too - a London venue would obviously be easier to get to for those coming from Bristol or Oxford say, or those Londoners who assume there's nothing past the M25. Also, if you find a new spot with two rooms, we'll have to up our game and finish our second room!

When you do check out this possible new London spot Jimmy, be sure to quiz him hard on his meat grilling skills!

Ha ha, there's one area he defo ain't gonna be able to compete!

Oh yer, I used some brown tape on my fader cap and it seems pretty solid, lets see if it holds out! Nice one on that one though

2 rooms would be great, wherever we are.

I get far more enjoyment out of sharing ideas and stuff than just cutting round the table.

If I hear someone busting something I like, it would be kool to be able to stop and have them show me what they're doing.

• Like 1