DMC Online Finals Vids

Vekked

fong fong's set looks and feels like he's playing a video game. so fucking terrible and there has to be a point at which this level of smoke and mirrors is essentially cheating.

i couldn't even listen to more than a minute of breko, americans have such fucking godawful taste in electronic music, jeez.

rasp's sounded like one big sloppy fuck up, there wasn't a clean 20 seconds stretch... either he didn't practice enough or he's pushing too hard.

styluxtakut... is that an entry? It's called '2011 showcase'. Anyway. I couldn't listen to it even academically, that fucking music is so bad.

This honestly bores the living shit out of me...a lot of bad set editing and even worse manipulation of those edits.

How is almost a full minute of 'dissing' done with just minor pauses of his pre-edit? Seriously?

Good lawwwwwwwddd....

He does a few technical cuts that I can't do and all his sets I've seen including this one are really clean, much cleaner than I tend to perform battle sets so I can't really criticize him on a technical front, but I agree, besides the sax cutting part of this routine I don't find this set very exciting or varied, though compared to a lot of entrants he has his own taste in beats and everything is in key and works well as a set.

Fong Fong's almost looks like it's being mimed. There are certain samples that play over the top of his juggles/cuts that seem like they were added afterwards, based on what he's doing with the records and fader at the time. I'm sure it's just very heavily pre-planned/laid out though.

When I watched Breko's set it reminded me of when I was a teenager and my dad shouted up "turn that bloody racket down!" cos I was blasting out Sucker MCs. He's obviously a solid DJ though - I just don't like the tunes he chose to use.

Rasp's set was sloppy in places, but I kinda liked it.

Styluxtacut (what a name!) seems quite inspired by Rafik/Unkut in places. Musically not my cuppa tea, but some good bits in there.

I find it hard to get into these battles when the DJs are playing music I would never listen to for pleasure - in fact I actively dislike most of it - but I think they were all good in their own ways, even though none of them did anything that made me think "oh, that's cool!". I can't help comparing these routines with ones from people like Unkut though, and then the gap in skill is too obvious to ignore.

Fong Fong's almost looks like it's being mimed. There are certain samples that play over the top of his juggles/cuts that seem like they were added afterwards, based on what he's doing with the records and fader at the time. I'm sure it's just very heavily pre-planned/laid out though.

There's a part that starts at 3:17 which is really misleading unless you're paying attention. He's definitely drumming on the left deck here, but he has other sounds, like the 'oh' and 'haha', playing in time on the right deck to give the drumming more impact and possibly sound more technical?

the inner hater's coming out of me a bit lately but to be honest i wouldn't be totally against these wack guys with lots of facebook friends being laughed out of town. there are too many doing too little and the whole culture is being coated in cotton wool into this shitty thing where people expect to be clapped for taking part. sometimes getting your feelings hurt is a productive experience.

• Like 1