DMC Online Finals Vids

Vekked

Reckon this is one shot?

Not a chance. He does have a pen cam over his right ear... but it looks like it's only there in some shots. This should be instant DQ, but what are you gonna do...

I read a post on youtube last night by the guy who directed the video:

I filmed and edited this. I filmed about 6-7 takes of him doing the routine all the way through and sliced between the takes in editing. This was easy because when he does the routine it is about 99.9% the same each time (because he has skills of course), so it is mainly just syncing the takes then choosing cool angles. The editing and style of the video is just for fun, not a cheat. I just wanted to make the coolest video possible.

So that confirms the best takes of each shot have been edited together.

However, on close inspection of the DMC Online rules it appears they have decided not to include an 'all routines must be a one take with no post production editing' rule like they did last year, so technically he's not broken any rules.

If someone recorded a one shot video and shoddily edited different takes together they'd be slated for it wouldn't they? But if it's done behind smoke and mirrors it's accepted as good performance?

I don't think AS-One is going to be a high placer in the competition (just because the standard of some of the other entrants is a bit higher), but he's not the only DJ to use post production editing this year. DMC really need a rule on this...

I'm really diggin Erick Jay's Notorious juggle, it's super long and not exactly the most original patterns (they're dope but they're really reminiscent of Akakabe/Total E circa late 90s), but it's clean and funky. I think it's my fav juggle of the battle overall.

Our Compliance team has completed the review of the case and have identified a number of fraudulent votes. Because it is not possible to link the activity directly to the participant, the entry was not disqualified from the Creative Invite but all fraudulent votes were removed and the final count was adjusted.

We thank you again for your commitment and please let us know if you have any other questions.

Best regards,

Derek

I snitched! Good to know talenthouse will actually do something... it also says that the dmc online competition is under review right now so hopefully they're looking at all the top guys and not just the guy I reported.

Other DJs explained to the DMC that the voting system has a big problem. Last year some people noticed a problem too and explained it to the DMC.

Next year there will be a problem withh the voting system, as ffar as it's a viral vote.

But the viral vote system is a key to auto-promote this competiton...

Our Compliance team has completed the review of the case and have identified a number of fraudulent votes. Because it is not possible to link the activity directly to the participant, the entry was not disqualified from the Creative Invite but all fraudulent votes were removed and the final count was adjusted.

We thank you again for your commitment and please let us know if you have any other questions.

Best regards,

Derek

I snitched! Good to know talenthouse will actually do something... it also says that the dmc online competition is under review right now so hopefully they're looking at all the top guys and not just the guy I reported.

Who did you bust?