DMC Online Finals Vids

Vekked

Well done, Jon, I really liked it. My favourite bit was probably the funky horns + danny breaks routine - I like your The Rock routine too, but it didn't make so much of an impact as I already knew that one. Good idea with the cue points remix too, but I don't think that one lived up to its potential.

Overall, you're a really well-rounded dj, and this is a solid routine: creative stuff, nice track selection and good technical level. If anything, I'd tell you to work more on your juggling skills, as that's probably what's holding you back a little. I'd also tell you not to quit battling, lol. I can only imagine how frustrating it must be to spend 5 months of your life working on something and not getting anything out of it, but I really like your stuff and I'm sure that if you keep improving like this, in a few more years you'll be a huge force.

Well done, Jon, I really liked it. My favourite bit was probably the funky horns + danny breaks routine - I like your The Rock routine too, but it didn't make so much of an impact as I already knew that one. Good idea with the cue points remix too, but I don't think that one lived up to its potential.

Overall, you're a really well-rounded dj, and this is a solid routine: creative stuff, nice track selection and good technical level. If anything, I'd tell you to work more on your juggling skills, as that's probably what's holding you back a little. I'd also tell you not to quit battling, lol. I can only imagine how frustrating it must be to spend 5 months of your life working on something and not getting anything out of it, but I really like your stuff and I'm sure that if you keep improving like this, in a few more years you'll be a huge force.

Thanks for the kind words man and taking the time to write some feedback. I def agree that juggling is my weakest point. I've been juggling for two years now and feel like I improve with each routine I make (this year I made the rock juggle first, then the percussive juggle, then the yaow juggle in the middle). I'd like to get more chase patterns down in the near future and get some really tight triplet snare patterns in too.

I hear Audiocide at 2:07. Vekked, why do you think it shouldn't be used anymore?

It was just rinsed for so long after it came out, when Merg had already done amazing routines with those beats and sounds. This guy does a nice flip on it though. It's more the 'Lose! I don't lose!' samples, the scratch sentences and some of the instrumentals as scratch beats.

I hear Audiocide at 2:07. Vekked, why do you think it shouldn't be used anymore?

Basically what Jon said, a lot of the samples are very specific and super played out. Merge killed a lot of them himself, and Rafik killed a bunch a well (maybe the first guy to do an audiocide routine in 05 itf). There are just so many other samples that are just as good and far more original.

Also I was referring to jeppa using it in general not just this vid, he seems to use it alot.

On the real tho, obv Ruftone is a beast, and the routine is quite a bit different, but how you gonna cut up imperial march and wear a Darth Vader mask? It's just too close for comfort to:

Obv technically it's much different but the entire concept/gimmick seems like a bite to me.

LOL, yea I dunno, I'm not sure how acceptable tributes are in battles...

That's my only beef with Ruftone's routine... it's not even a super significant part of the routine overall, and it's not like he's some bozo who can't come up with ideas for routines otherwise, which is what confuses me even more. On the fence as to if it's only mildly wack or super wack.