Yoshi

DV Scratch Battle #7  

20 members have voted

1. 1. And the winner is...

• Cirkutcision
    • Symatic
    • Yoshi

Guest Symatic

i liked yoshi's for its freestly feel and the quality of all the cuts, even the basic stuff sounds really good.

but cirkut really flowed over this beat so he got my vote

Went for sy, good vocal cuts and good ahh cuts,

I preferred Circut's ahh cuts but wasn't such a big fan of the vocal bits at the start.

Yoshi's were cool but I think you could tell he wasn't best pleased with them by the grunt at the end haha

I gotta vote for Yoshi. The stuff at :23 and the transforms after are just absolutely disgusting with a flow reminiscent of D-Styles. Symatic, your vocal cuts are also very dope and I'm jealous because when I try those types of cuts, they suck. Good battle.

All are very good. Its nice to hear people cut over my beat :)

To bad I didn't have time to make a vid. But to be honest you are all better.

Cirkutcision: 1:10 to 1:30 is just so nice.

Sy: Always good and he has the best at sentence scratching. Nice pitch control on the ahhhhs.

Yoshi: Very funky and D-stylie, Just love it when you throw in a baby scratch here and there.

Cirkut got my vote this time

Edited by Backtrack

All are very good. Its nice to hear people cut over my beat :)

To bad I didn't have time to make a vid. But to be honest you are all better.

Cirkutcision: 1:10 to 1:30 is just so nice.

Sy: Always good and he has the best at sentence scratching. Nice pitch control on the ahhhhs.

Yoshi: Very funky and D-stylie, Just love it when you throw in a baby scratch here and there.

Cirkut got my vote this time

cirtkutcision - the word cuts are the start would sound tighter if you had the sample beatmatched a bit better, it would make the cuts cleaner and sound a bit nicer. The sequence from about ~0:55-1:20 was nice. The ahh cuts were heaps better than the word cuts, although there were a couple missed clicks but fairly minor stuff.

Symatic - ahh cuts were fairly clean at the very start were tight, it trailed off a bit. You seemed to release the sample at the end of a lot of your phrases which got a bit repetitive in this vid. The 2nd section of ahh cuts was better. The yea right now was very tight tho. End the vid strong with the last "yea right now" cuts, my fav part of the vid.

Yoshi - very clean and precise, lots of technique variation too. Part near the middle/end where you were finding a new sample was a bit rough obv. Most importantly the phrasing was really dope and varied overall.

Yoshi gets my vote. Most consistent/fresh phrasing throughout, was pretty immaculate until the sample switching stuff ~1:20, but ended off fine.

Guest Symatic

cheers for the feedback vek. yeah thats a bad habit of mine (letting go of the sample at the end of a phrase) and i also do the thing at 1:14-1:15 too much, its like a 2 click to a slow drag or something but i always do it and go 'damn it, not again' in my head!

yoshi's style is so solid. like someone said earlier even the baby scratches sound really nice. he's one of those scratchers you know has loads up his sleeve, but he's just keeping the flow going for the best sounds over that beat, not to show a million styles in 10 seconds

thanks guys. i voted for symatic coz i really loooved that "yeah right now" bit and his crabs too.

cirkut's 3 clicks are killer, and by that i mean dbeam-level killer. scratchers, watch out!

one day of voting left, so keep 'em coming!