your first mixer

jam

what mixer did u learn to cut on?? unfortunatly for my then broke ass it was this

then this

to this

to this

and now at ease with this

for now!!!!!!

how do you eat yours?

out of all those i tried id say the 06 felt the most solid of build, but the 57 easily the best and the technics the worse, 1 Xfader per month wi that sack of shite

That Tandy badboy even had split cue which was a godsend for not pissing the olds off :-)

I had one of those and 2 beltdrive citronic decks with bits of wood wedged under the top plates to stop them being too springy and some parcel shelf speakers and an amp from the 60s

I got into the DJ game late so I started on one of these.

Then this:

Then:

And finally:

I gave away the M202 and I sold the 06Pro. I kept the 05 and 56 but the 05 recently shorted out on me. :( Now I'm in the market to fix it or to buy another cheap scratch mixer. I was about to Innofade that 05. :(

maybe some small numark piece, i think i broke it fairly quick and brought a SA8 from Cash Converters pretty soon after.

then a Numark PPD-01 (again from cash converters) that broke, it was shite. After a while on the SA8 i moved to an ecler 360.

then a while later sold it and got a rane 56i. couple years later sold that as i stopped djing. When i got back into it just bought a 05 pro with an innofader, and an 06 (from ebay) now im settled on my scratchbox and will never use another mixer again.

#WhatAFunnyStory.

Started with this fader eating piece of shit

Then a got an used 05 Pro. A sound bleeding monster but back then it felt like the greatest mixer in the world.

Then a got another used 05 but a mk2. I thought it would sound better. It didn't.

Sold both shortly after and found a used 07 that I quickly fitted with a innofader. Worked fine but had some bleeding and pop issues with the 07

This is the time then I realize that mabye old Vestax mixers is just bad in quality.

So I when I stumble upon an 07ISP taken down in parts in a plastic bag I just had to buy it. :)

Its the best Vestax I´ve had by far.

Then a couple of months ago I saw a almost brand new Scratchbox on our local trading site selling way to cheap (200€).

Just had to get it. Cant say I regret it in any way. It is a great mixer with a very nice crossfader. I don't need anything else.

Edited by Backtrack

nice1 guys... i actually learned on phono line switches, transforming like a motherfucker, breakin line switches, wow those were the days. i remember training my left hand on the rekid, was so hard to do, v frustrating. im happy wi my 57 at the mo but know wat im like so, prolly wont b too long wen im updating this sucker.

Guest Symatic

i started with a shitty gemini and had to use the line switch. now i use a xone 02 with a slightly modded pro x fader.

if i had the money i'd get a rane 62 though, even though their ugly.

if i had money to burn i'd get some really nice allen and heath 92 or something, but put a pro x or innofader in it

maybe some small numark piece, i think i broke it fairly quick and brought a SA8 from Cash Converters pretty soon after.

then a Numark PPD-01 (again from cash converters) that broke, it was shite. After a while on the SA8 i moved to an ecler 360.

then a while later sold it and got a rane 56i. couple years later sold that as i stopped djing. When i got back into it just bought a 05 pro with an innofader, and an 06 (from ebay) now im settled on my scratchbox and will never use another mixer again.

#WhatAFunnyStory.

What a story indeed... and did you pay 200 Euros for your Scratchbox too, like Backtrack?

Ive had em all! KAM, Numark, Gemini etc soundlab turns all that shit when I was young, then technics mixer which was shit, then 06 pro which was ok, then 05 pro III, then TTM56 which is my current and favouritest mixer! I always liked the ISP 07, Ecler HAK and I've heard that Scratch box is a healthy mixer.

then in order Technics DJ1200, Vestax 06, Vestax 07*,Technics EX1200, Vestax 08*,Rane TTM57SL*.

I still have the 07,08 and 57. The broken PMX-2 and a DJ1200 are lying around in pieces too.

@Johnny - good to see you back! I used to look longingly through Tandy's window at that realistic mixer,

^^AH! Sick! The PMX-2 was cool. I also really liked the 707 but never had one. There was a Numark mixer I borrowed for a while. Seemed alright but it had a blindingly bright led light on it. Even taped it was still bright as hell!