Durex Scratching Advert

Jon

A few months ago I told a few people/hinted on the shoutbox that I was doing some work on a TV advert. I've just found out that the finished advert has now been uploaded online and wil be on TV soon, and a game on the brand's Facebook page is going to be playable in the next few days. The project was a lot of fun to work on and it was a great learning experience for me. I was given the brief of having two copies of 'Let's Get It On' with one record slow, the other fast and mixing them together in a funny way. With regular feedback from the directors, I composed and performed the routine and came up with the 'we're all sensitive' wordplay sections etc. I basically made a customs routine using the original, instrumental and acapella versions of the Marvin Gaye track. It's not a technical battle routine as such, and is primarily intended to make people laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDAcP4B89iA

• Like 2

very nice indeed!

Im always on the look out for the little details in adverts that you see but dont notice... the camera angle being top down making the decks look like boobies and at the end with the shure carts on show (when you read it you read it as "sure" to reassure you) was it intentional having the male and female symbols at the same position (as in both points hitting the 12 oclock poistion at the same time) ?

very nice indeed!

Im always on the look out for the little details in adverts that you see but dont notice... the camera angle being top down making the decks look like boobies and at the end with the shure carts on show (when you read it you read it as "sure" to reassure you) was it intentional having the male and female symbols at the same position (as in both points hitting the 12 oclock poistion at the same time) ?

Ha. I don't think the platter boobs were intended, but the male/female symbols being in sync was intentional to show that the two people were 'performing' together and were edited to do so in post production. I could have potentially timed the routine so the symbols lined up but the production team decided to do it that way instead.