How Wack is.........

djfoly

the feeling of djing to no one? on friday the first 1 1/2 hours of our night had TEN folk in! then like magic at 12:30 am 160 people came in in asbout 20 mins! DOPE! thank god for that! it makes up for last time when we had 65n all night. average for the night over six nights is around 185! Not a bad record for this vicinity!

Anyone else had the lonesome dj experience? what should you do close early, say fuck it and have a massive cut with your mates? who knows?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sometimes I hate how lazy hip hop fans can be! they moan if there is no good nights then if you put one on they dont come..............cunts!

Seconded

I've had a crowd stolen from me once! It was my first bar gig and I was djing funk and hiphop in the bar area and the main dance room was downstairs. Everyone ended up staying in the bar and didn't go downstairs so they eventually barred off my area and cut the music so everyone would go downstairs to listen to house. I was gutted.

At Uni there was a class night put on... in 1 room there was rodney P and the other the Flaredy cats... I shit you not there were more bar staff in the flaredy cats room than customers! at its peak there were 6 people in the room! We didnt minf though cos me and my mate just sat and chilled with them all night... it was so quiet we were tempted to ask if we could jump on hte decks and session with them becasue nobody would mind!

When I went to see Roc Raida, I decided to go a bit earlier to see the opening act, who happened to be the DMC champion of this state..it would of been packed, I figured!

...yeah right.

Raida played here once for like 30 people... bad promoting. I've done some lonely shows for sure... expecting +200 and like 15 came.

PA threw a show with Killer Mike headlining. I DJed and 12 of the 15 paying customers were with me... he lost a grip on that show.

yeah shit always seems to kick off at about 12 / 1230... tis ghey if ur playing before then, even worse if no one even shows up!

Braille is always like that. Always quiet till near 12 but then gets pretty busy. It only sucks if you're warming up before then!

When I went to see Roc Raida, I decided to go a bit earlier to see the opening act, who happened to be the DMC champion of this state..it would of been packed, I figured!

...yeah right.

Raida played here once for like 30 people... bad promoting. I've done some lonely shows for sure... expecting +200 and like 15 came.

PA threw a show with Killer Mike headlining. I DJed and 12 of the 15 paying customers were with me... he lost a grip on that show.

learning is expensive.... that night was a hurta.... like a baptism in fail.....

and that raida show was depressing.... still can't believe that dude wouldn't just put the mic down and stop fucking up the show...

didn't someone overdose that night or somethin?

oh....i'm doing some more shows this year 2..

doing one with devin the dude and zro on feb 7th..

and got something along the same lines for my bday hopefully

like a baptism in fail.....

FLOL

Well it seems like the first Zro show u did after Mike worked out well from what I heard... so that's good.

the feeling of djing to no one?

I had one of these tonight... It was cool... still got paid but got shorted a little... The club was toying with doing a funk night... I spun that for an hr and cleared the place out then the bartender requested 90s R&B which I obliged and had much more fun doing and it kinda got a little more crowded but still pretty sparse. Oh well.