"Any fader will bleed with the cut-in set sharp enough."

Vekked

You could say that a sharp cut-in might make any existing bleed problem around the cut in point more evident, but bleed means a channel coming through when it shouldn't, not necessarily around the cut in point so the statement is not accurate.

I assume the statement is trying to say that with an infinitely sharp curve and imperfect engineering there is a point where imperceptibly moving the fader would cut the sound in and out - but that's not bleed.

Even early VCA faders were opto-coupled which will filter out a lot of the crackle due to wear of the carbon track, which is why they were a significant step forward. When you are only passing a control voltage through the fader you can filter it without impairing the audio.

Vestax tried to claim that the initial fader issues on the 08 were due to the sharpness of the cut-in, but they fixed that with an update to the rom.

Ok thanks for the replies, just checking because I don't recall that happening with the stock 08 fader, but with the innofader it seems to do the same thing that Gizmo just said with the Eternal fader. Although it doesn't seem to happen on the side I don't cut on... but if the Eternal fader also does it too I guess it's probably normal.

The eternal fader does it when you push it off centre, if you pull it down towards you the cut-in point shifts but that will be because the distance between the magnet and sensor increases. If it happens when you push it hard towards the end it's probably the slider assembly tilting and moving the magnet away from the sensor.

According to some of Eliot's posts on Skratchlounge the innofader isn't meant to be affected by this kind of thing.

I imagine with the 08 / innofader combination it's because you've got 2 controls affecting the cut in point so you can probably end up with the curve sort of turing back up on itself. If the vestax lag control is set so that it never turns off and the innofader curve is set to cut out at the end.... which one wins? I'm kind of speculating as to how the innofader works though...

I guess you could find setting where they work more harmoniously together.

Another thing... did your 08 have the update? One of the issues before the update was that the crossfader could act like the samurai with the double cut setting....

All I know is that the fucking 08 first fader was shit and used blled like a bastard. The rom update or whatever has sorted it out but now I dont trust it! the pro x seems to be fine But yes it will let through sound from the other channel as Johnny expained but AGAIN this is not bleed!

I will always stay away from digital/magnetic faders coz everyone I have ever used has done that annoying bleed thing which isnt even like normal bleed it just stops fucking working I hate them. The only one that hasnt done it is the rane tt fader is that digital?

I use a very old pmc fader from the first 05 which is awesome! I found one in a shop in brighton but they have the new shitty ones now.

gonna have to get a new one!