The 90s!

djfoly

Soilder Boy for the win.

I personally deffo enjoyed hip hop more in the 90s. These days I still enjoy some of it but it's fairly few and far between. Mostly seems to be from Detroit too. I remember back to the early/mid 90's and virtually every single release was compulsary. I used to fiend for everything and seemed to rarely be let down.

I just pretty much prefer that sound. It's not I have anything against synths. On the contrary I am a huge fan of Disco, House and Techno so when Hip Hop is done well with Synths I love it. Sadly a lot of todays Hip Hop producers use awful cheesy Syths. The kind of sounds I also hate is horrible obvious House, Techno ect. Kind of like Paul van Dyke garbage.

When it's good it's good though.

p.s 90's are the best, I lost my cherry in the 90's AMEN !!!

u have a vagina?

FLOL!!!!! this thread was worth it just for that. Nice one dig.

I think Vekked is right this is totally pointless! I cant seem to get my point across at all. So fuck it! :@@

90's hip hop?

I forgot hip hop even existed from 88 to 92 I was too off my face

and so was just about everybody else.

Acid house music and raving thats what it was about.

I'm telling ya.

:)

Couldn't agree more!!!

Howdy Darren... how goes it man?

best music to come out of the 90's was techno, and then jungle for me..

if youre in any doubt front on theo parrish!!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x46l87_th...re-detroi_music

hiphop for me is a close 2nd, but really its been in decline since 94 really. people make such a big deal out of the whole thing, its pathetic, no other genre has been debated so ad nauseum, i for one think that it is no longer contemporary music, or particularly valid any more in these times we live in, even the "good stuff" is still a perpetuation of racial and social insecurity, by selling an image of the invulnerable black male as a way to be in "fucked up world". that image is so strongly played on that insecure white males even buy into it as some kind of ironic persona to convey to the world, which really is a means of getting through late teens/early twenties without having to really engage with the world emotionally. there is a large amount of fallout as we head into new territories, some cling onto the past regardless, and there is no problem with that, as long as you are not straining to maintan a persona you worked so hard to cultivate out of insecurity.

trying to compare separate time periods of anything and base value judgements upon it is the most non-sensical and irrelevant thing to do ever

Overall Thread Grade: F-

That shit was str8 jacked from your Ricci Rucker archive

Yeah good craig been meaning to get in touch.

You still cutting?

hope your well.

Yeah all good mate... didn't cut for 4-5 months but been on the wax a bit more recently.. nothing new, just having fun practising my delayed 6 click, reverse turbo crab tears!!!

all well ur end? why no posting lately???

also i'd like to reccomend that anyone into hiphop watch this documentary, its available on torrent quite easily..

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_WJ7byURkSg

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=gFyZd4zLYUA

Yes I think this is an interesting film. However I think there is a tendency to over analyse things to the point of ruining its central message. There is nothing wrong with being masculine! If we were to stop being masculine and women were to stop being feminine where would that leave us?

As a father I recognise everyday that my wife simply cannot bring herself to discipline the kids as I can. She sees no danger in allowing them to be violent or aggresive with their siblings and only saying things like 'oh come on now dont be nasty'. I go fucking apeshit because I have experienced extreme violence and every time I have its been my own fault. when I was kicked unconcious or the time I was stabbed it was because I acting like an idiot with people I shouldnt have been with. Hip Hop helped me to understand that this is a bad way to act! Most of the gangster rap is saying 'this is what I have to do, dont be like me'

Only recently has this changed into the big pimpin bullshit with the cars and the hoes! Clearly a lot of white people like it because they are insecure. but that is not a bad thing unless they are trying to be a pimp or something extreme like that. If it just gives them a bit of self confidence to deal with their issues from day to day then I think that is cool. Hip Hop is positive movement of people who were stuck with next to nothing trying to make something fun out of what they had around them and I think they done well!

Over analysis of this will reveal where it goes wrong and hurts people, but that is in every movement. I think that this type of over analysis is itself the ultimate form of insecurity as it seeks to disposess other people from their chosen reality and place them in a box without consulting each case individually. It is the same as any form of prejudice' I dont fit in here so I will ridicule it at every turn'

People should chill out and enjoy the music for what it is..............DOPE YA'LL! ;)