Who wants to do a DV group mix?

x2k

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great, I'm glad a few more people are involved now, I think it will be more fun to have more variation. Steve, are you saying we use FLAC then pass the whole mix around rather than just working with snippits. That can definiately be done. I'll get my bit done and passed on to Wax On this weekend then we're away :d

Could be another addition to our new podcast feature :d

FUCK FUCK FUCK....I've just spent all afternoon recording it and audition fucking crashed...managed to restore a little bit but I'm gonna have to fucking do it all again....I ain't gonna do it today...hopefully have it up for the next person tomorrow

Save it as WAV, then convert it to FLAC. When Matt gets it, he can convert it back to WAV to work on it, then convert it to FLAC before sending it to the next person, and so on. It's just like using a ZIP file, but for audio.

The FLAC software is free and available for several operating systems here: -

http://flac.sourceforge.net/download.html

Quick link for Windows users: -

http://downloads.sourceforge.net/flac/flac-1.2.1b.exe

safe, i'm just uploading it now...

just to confirm, to try and preserve quality, i imported X's bit into cubase, then recorded my own bit, then applied compression to just my bit, then re imported my bit, then mixed it with X's, then exported the whole thing as wav. this was done so that X's bit wasnt' being compressed again or anything

brrrap!

Basically I'll do a 5 mins mix then send the last minute to the next person, they add 5 mins on and I'll join it on to mine then send the last minute on to the next person to do their 5mins. Could be intesting, you could do what ever you wanted in you 5 (or whatever) mins so long as it continues/mixes on from the last bit.

Who's up for it then?

x2k

Wax On

mattnice

Phology

Jon

Steve

Dub-Se7en

bfresh

decisive

Am I still in???

It's cool either way, I'm busy with stuff but would enjoy partaking too...

Am I still in???

It's cool either way, I'm busy with stuff but would enjoy partaking too...

Sorry mate, I didn't spot your post I thought you were just talking about twonks...I've added you in the order you posted...see original post.