Who wants to do a DV group mix?

x2k

Basically I'll do a 5 mins mix then send the last minute to the next person, they add 5 mins on and I'll join it on to mine then send the last minute on to the next person to do their 5mins. Could be intesting, you could do what ever you wanted in you 5 (or whatever) mins so long as it continues/mixes on from the last bit.

Who's up for it then?

x2k

Wax On

mattnice

djdiggla

Phology

Jon

Steve

Dub-Se7en

bfresh

decisive

Cable

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That sounds awesome! Like a chain letter... should one person take all the parts and master it and put it together?

I'm in....

That sounds awesome! Like a chain letter... should one person take all the parts and master it and put it together?

I'm in....

I was thinking I'd coordinate the putting it together because if it got passed around at mp3 and kept getting re-encoded each time something was added then the quality for the first parts would deterierate quite badly. So rather if everyone saves as waves and just 5 or 6 mins is passed around at a time it would be much better...unless someone has an easier idea?

Wax On? Fuck up a mix?

Sounds like you're on drugs to me mate.

Wax on came to London and did one of my bar gigs.

The bar decided it was best not to have DJs a few weeks later.

Legend.

yeah i heard about that. Apparently it was cos i rocked the spot so hard that no dj could compare, so they were all like "it's wax on or nothing"

i'm up for it! this could be really good promotion for the forum if it's done well, can't wait. i'll start on mine soon! It might be cool if each dj's mix was cut into a new track and the whole mix was zipped for download.

i'm up for it! this could be really good promotion for the forum if it's done well, can't wait. i'll start on mine soon! It might be cool if each dj's mix was cut into a new track and the whole mix was zipped for download.

Hang on a sec, you can't just start one...you've got to continue on from the last person so it's a continuous mix...I won't get a chance to do mine until hopefully on the weekend so if someone else wants to start then go ahead...otherwise I'll get the first one bit done on the weekend.

Hang on a sec, you can't just start one...you've got to continue on from the last person so it's a continuous mix...I won't get a chance to do mine until hopefully on the weekend so if someone else wants to start then go ahead...otherwise I'll get the first one bit done on the weekend.

woops sorry. is the plan to do a continuous dj set or a compilation of six minute mix tape sets? I'm really up for doing the latter, with everyone doing a multitrack set but making it continuous by beat matching the last section of the previous dj. maybe the continuous dj set is best for here as not everyone produces, so it would make it more open for everyone

you should probably organise this in some order then....

woops sorry. is the plan to do a continuous dj set or a compilation of six minute mix tape sets? I'm really up for doing the latter, with everyone doing a multitrack set but making it continuous by beat matching the last section of the previous dj. maybe the continuous dj set is best for here as not everyone produces, so it would make it more open for everyone

The plan is to do a continuous dj mix with each person picking up from where the last person left of but what each person does in there section is entirely up to them so long as it flows. They can mix 2 or 3 records on then can do a multitracked scratch fest or then can edit together 30tracks a minute or produce a section straight from the computer or mpc...it really doesn't matter so long as a level of quality and and it's a continuous mix.

Part of the idea is each person has to continue from where the last person ended so you may not have any idea what you're going to do until you hear what you've got to follow on from.

you should probably organise this in some order then....

I was gonna just do it in the order people signed up unless people want to swap around? So...

x2k

Wax On

Phology

Jon?

I was hoping for a few more lol :d

The plan is to do a continuous dj mix with each person picking up from where the last person left of but what each person does in there section is entirely up to them so long as it flows. They can mix 2 or 3 records on then can do a multitracked scratch fest or then can edit together 30tracks a minute or produce a section straight from the computer or mpc...it really doesn't matter so long as a level of quality and and it's a continuous mix.

Part of the idea is each person has to continue from where the last person ended so you may not have any idea what you're going to do until you hear what you've got to follow on from.

cool beans! I might have a go at doing a multitrack mix when it comes to my turn, I've never really done one before so it will be a good experiment :d

I would love to join in aswell but cant even find time to do other shiz atm so cant. Good luck with it though, this is looking to be a blinder!

Maybe wait it out a little bit and try to get say 9 of ya to do ten minutes each or summin?? Just a little suggestion :d