CURRENT STATE OF DV

x2k

Just to let you all know DV is back but this is not our doing, the host appears to have re-installed a backup as I had requested last weekend (that's service for you).

Anyway, as this is still with the old host there's is every chance this will break and run really slowly as it has done for the last few months.

The move to the new host will still happen as soon as the transfer of the donations to the bank account is complete, there are 2 reason we will be doing the move; firstly on account of the impecable service we've had from these guys lately and secondly because I've been informed by the current host that they probably won't be accepting renewals anyway as there's a good chance they've lost most of their customer base during this time of crap service.

The donations we have recently recieved we have enough money to cover hosting for 2 years and also a tiny bit extra. I'm not entirely sure how much excess we have but I will publish once the hosting is paid for. If the donors don't mind we would like to hang on to the excess for next time a bill comes up (I hope that's alright but if you donated and are now completely skint PM & I'm sure we can arrange something). Either way the situation should now be that we don't need to ask for money again for a very long time and DV's future is not secured.

Thanks again for all you support & donations and bare with us for just a bit longer until we are settled in out new hope.

i missed the donations this time, and would be happy to throw some in.... if needed..

surely there's enough from the ebay signed photo auctions, is that not public DV funds?

i missed the donations this time, and would be happy to throw some in.... if needed..

surely there's enough from the ebay signed photo auctions, is that not public DV funds?

me too.. if more $$ is needed lemme know... of course the dollar is crap right now, but you could use it as tinder to light ur fireplace. :p