best luxury / high end mixers

whats the best top end mixer to get?

the 909 or the new 08?

any others that are decent?

get a payrise this month so thought i might splash the cash a bit as just found out im not moving for another 6 months.

how much do red/black 05 lmtd go for these days?

dont know whether to get rid of that or keep it...

the 909 is overrated...

over complicated, the effects arent all that (fairly cheap) and the crossfader feels nasty.

decent cut an shit...but...hmm....its good for about 3 hours....then the shine wears off when u get to the nitty gritty.

i would TOTALLY suggest the scratch box....fuckin SICK.

not tried the 08 tho. . . .apparently pretty damn good!

anyways i checked the 08 the other day, and it's a MASSIVE mixer. so if you haven't got a vestax so far i'd go with the 08!

i got two 05's, so i personally will get me a ecler hak 380 next - you should check it out. got everything + the eternal fader rocks soooo hoard.

dunno about the 909 - i prefer external effects

Got the Rane 57 two months ago, and it's a real BEAST. Very highly recommended, even more rugged than the 56, plus ofcourse (basic) internal effects and SSL integration.

On the negative note SSL doesn't seem to be perfectly stable. Still heaps better than FS, but not as good as the older versions.

I know that tigerstyles 08 is falling apart after a few months and a few mate's 909 mixers have various problems to...

Get a rane and a nice FX outboard...

Still would like a 909 though

There’s a funny connection on the back of the 909, can you mod the FX or what... I hear you need to write the whole programme which would be flipping impossible...

guys from toronto that has an 08 and does the dmc's had it blow on him during soundcheck, and was having problems again at the nationals with his new one... I cut on the 08 for a bit and personally think the rane and ecler mixers feel hella nicer... the 909 felt aight too, but the fader does feel a bit clunky... prolly not what you'd want if you're jus cutting and don't have the need for all the extra's

909 fader is heavy and the up faders feel real plasticy but the fx and tone stuff are cool. be nice to just use the 909 as the last line... like have a normal set up but stick your master out leads (from your rane :8 ) into the 909 and then into your speakers.. init

I know that tigerstyles 08 is falling apart after a few months

really? now that sucks

yeah but to be hinest i dint reckon you could describe him as an average user! not many people rack up anywhere near that many hours on a mixer.... ;)

i wanna get an 08.....

i've got an 05 ltd for sale, good condition....anyone wanna make me an offer?

yeah but to be hinest i dint reckon you could describe him as an average user! not many people rack up anywhere near that many hours on a mixer.... ;)

Fair, but this is supposed to be a top-flight mixer, and he can't have had it more than a few months tops

all I can say is I spent lots of money on faders when I had an 05 back in the day, at least £300, vestax didn’t give a fuck that the end user was paying out for this..

Then I got a rane56 when they first came out and to this day nothing is wrong with it. It’s been out of this country lots, been to smoky clubs, dropped, opened, water spilt on it and used every day...

The only thing I would change in the design is the up fader curves on it... apart from that no money or return's needed... Init

Skratchbox thing looks cool but I aint had one so cant comment

I know that tigerstyles 08 is falling apart after a few months

really? now that sucks

i wanna get an 08.....

i've got an 05 ltd for sale, good condition....anyone wanna make me an offer?

still not a good sign tho..

I saved & treated myself to a 909 for £550 off ebay brand new (steal)... Really pleased with it & I don't agree with Mr Ed in the fact its too complicated to use. Its a peice of piss once you spend a couple of hours getting used to the controls..but hey thats just my opinion.

I won't be selling it in a hurry thats for sure.

paddy who's on here got a HAK380 a few weeks ago, nice fader, takes a bit of gettin used to, curve&cutin changeable(for the mad twiddles!!), dunno about tension. but the problem is the effects i think only apply to both channels or none, theres no seperate on/off which is a little gay... and the layout seems a bit mental when you first fuck around on it. and its actually quite big, well bigger than the 56(dunno if this matters)

and i wouldn't make it a deal breaker but he says the scratch cue option is kinda satisfying sometimes just before you bring tunes in and shit..(or if your bored playin some shit gig.)

As muzz said i'd prefer just to get a pioneer efx 1000 down the line to use with my 56 ( although the efx500 is probably cheap now & has enough shit on it really...)

the fader is so amazing and easy to clean, never had a problem, used for a million gigs, and can't imagin having any probs in the future...

even the print (curve graphic) around the fader doesn't wear off like on every vestax you see... its so rugged

the upfader curve is the one thing i would change, although that only really affects for battly shit .. oh and maybe a slightly less powerful amp in the headphones would give better feedback, but again most likely for battle use only

oh and its black so it matches whatever you're wearing....

personally i dont like the fader on the 909. & thats the most important part to me..

never been mad on vestax faders since i got the rane either..

and besides were all better than tigerstyles here anyway so i would be worried about the fader... ;)

what are you using it for? mixing in clubs/home, battle, or live set style shit or what,? your usage will help decide what you need.

find as many mates with your possible options and have a go on em, and check any probs they've had (although thats kinda what your doin here ;) )

oh yeah and Reezy sold his red 05 on ebay a while ago, dont think it went for too much certainly not over $350... think he only had one bid...

although if yours has more than 4 qbert autographs on it you could be in the money......

...god that was long....

....even longer now....

Then I got a rane56 when they first came out and to this day nothing is wrong with it. It’s been out of this country lots, been to smoky clubs, dropped, opened, water spilt on it and used every day...

The only thing I would change in the design is the up fader curves on it... apart from that no money or return's needed... Init

word to that. i got a 56 from discount dj store on ebay for £360 and its quality, but i agree about the fader curves, it just depends what your into. i've got a 54 and the up fader curves on it are absolutely mint for fading 2 clicks and stuff.

bloody hell 18 replies that quick...

i really wanted to go for the 08 but yeah the above doesn't dont bode well.

whats the difference between a rane 56 and a 57 is it just the serato stuff?

i really need to try a 909 to see what i think of the fader i guess.

i am fairly happy with my 05 except the upfaders are shitty and bleed all the time

i rekon any of these mixers can break down after a few years, it depends on the use you give em dunnit - thats kinda why i think all mixers are rip offs, i dont think any of them are built that well/ or have a decent sound quality, its all money for nothing after a few years use - the people who are reporting broken 909's are probably the people who would report any mixer fucked after the use they give it for that amount of time, no mixers really like gigging and moving around all week every week do they?

money on mixers to me has always been money i never see again - like i can sell a pre amp or equaliser n get an ok price, but there's very little point in floggin mixers once you've given them a fair caning, and who doesnt give a mixer a floggin? obviously theyr important, i just rekon get something you can afford n are happy with eh, and fuck thinking is it gona last me 3 years or 5, coz chances are after that time you'l be onto the nex one anywaaaa.

i really need to try a 909 to see what i think of the fader i guess.

buttah, lots of fun. come upto the pool for a play man, we gots some good shit going on here september october so come up one weekend n check edan or PPL under the stairs or summnt n have a cut, nearly fully setup here again now