actually ran out of hard drive space

Jimmy

what a ghey, i didnt think that it would ever happen, still i spose thats what u get for copying someones music archive off their hard drive

i assume the best thing to do is get a external one, has anyone used SSL with external hard drives?

or go through your harddrive and delete what you dont use..ive had to do that a few times and i found a lot of crap i didnt even know i had (or wanted)

Get another internal one man. You can get a 250GB for £50, assuming you're talking about a desktop and not a laptop.

I believe we're talking laptop here

I say get a new internal one though: get the largest 2.5" drive you can afford, and put it in a USB2.0 enclosure (around £5ish). Copy over your windows partition to the new drive using an app like Partition Magic.

I say this as having the larger drive internal tends to be handy if you plan to gig out using your laptop (less current draw, one less thing to carry etc) plus it's quite cost effective. 2.5" external drives are a lot smaller, lighter, normally feature better shock resistance and draw much less current, so can safely be powered via the 5v line on the usb connection -no dicking around with external transformers.

I ran out just the other day too... Got a new internal 300GB for like $150... put in in for a few days and then said fuck that and bought a USB harddrive enclosure and turned it into a kick-ass external drive!

1.020 TB

almost full :((

hoarder to the max ;)

:x

Have you still got those bottom episodes?!

aye, including all the lives and everything.

got loads and loads of good stuff now, thanks to usenet ;)

1.020 TB

almost full :((

hoarder to the max ;)

:x

Have you still got those bottom episodes?!

aye, including all the lives and everything.

got loads and loads of good stuff now, thanks to usenet ;)

Damn I may have to pay you a visit with a 250Gb HDD :)