05promk3-sl v SA12

Anyone have these mixers - if so what are the effects sections like on these? I know the 05 effects are post fader but are the SA12 effects post fader too? Are they decent quality or would it be better to get a seperate effects unit to plug between the mixer and turntable?

Cheers!

I just picked up an 05-SL, but don't have a pedal to control it yet. I've also ordered a PRO-X fader for it already, so I'll hopefully get it sometime soon. I like the mixer so far, but it doesnt have FX out's or In's for external FX. I'll probably mod it in the future to support that. But other than that the built in looper is decent and the tap delay is pretty cool. The only catch is, that you can only use one of the features at a time. So you can't use the delay if your using the looper. I can't comment on the SA12, but if it comes with a P&G fader then I guess that's a bonus as long as you're not planning on getting a Pro-X. But why in the world wouldn't you get a Pro-X it seems to be the godess of analog faders. I was a little apprehensive on picking up the Vestax, because of the lack of balanced outs and FX sends/returns, but regardless I'm happy wit it!

Thanks for the help people! :)

Yeah it might have to be the 05 over the SA12, the sampler & delay are the main effects Im interested in. Plus I've got the pro-x already so it can go straight in. Looking at the SA12 it looks like you cant control the effects with the crossfader...

Although there's the option of the cheaper ordinary mk3 and spend the extra on the effects pedals...