2 Click delayed video?

Sir Dongbot

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone post an idiot proof video of "delayed 2 click flares" the scratch sonds dope, but I just can't understand how it is done by listening alone, and it sounds complicated to explain.

Cheers

A video wont help much either. It will just look like normal 2 clicks.

do 2 click orbits, but everytime you click, click on a change of direction in the records like a chirp...

muzzell has the best video I've seen of them tho

an easy way to kinda get them at first...they need quite some time to get them good...is to do just normal 2 click orbits the nstart to move your hand about 1/3 faster while keeping the same clicking speed

coco b had a real idiotrproof explanation though

It takes two orbits to repeat it self really. I thought thats what a boomerrang was. Not a deleyed 2 clicker but a pattern that repeats every 2 orbits. A 2 orbit pattern being a bommerrang. Thats what I thought.

i still dont get it!

me too:

Double time babies under regular time clicks.

do 2 click orbits, but everytime you click, click on a change of direction in the records like a chirp...

..ahem that will be chirps, if you do the click on the change of direction it´s a chirp!

do just normal 2 click orbits the nstart to move your hand about 1/3 faster while keeping the same clicking speed

???

As far as i understood the concept of delayed scratches it´s about the position of the clicks. When you do 2 clicks the sound will be cut into 3 pieces. Now you can arrange those sounds in various ways:

On a 4/4 beat you could do 1/4; 1/4; 2/4 - 1/4; 1/4; 2/4 back. (; = click) That is a usual 2 click orbit. But you can to 2/4; 1/4; 1/4 - 2/4; 1/4; 1/4. This is a delayed 2 click imo, the clicks @ the 2nd half of the bar.

Dunno if we all mean the same or if I´m completely wrong...

open fader go fwd close fader

open fader go bkwds leave fader open go fwds

close fader

open fader go Bkwd close fader

open fader go fwds leave fader open go bkwds

close fader

2 orbits make a full pattern.

close fader

close fader

notate that, cuz the way I'm reading it seems like it's 2 chirps, then 2 reverse chirps there...

Theres different versions. The ones muzzel done are the d-styles version. Thats why people think it's a boomerang. the ones i do (im not sure who made'em up) are done with odd placement of the clicks. It dont matter what you do with the record.

close fader

close fader

gabes explanation seems to sound right.

the explanation sounds like what muzzels doing.throwing in babys into an orbit. :s scratching is hard work on the old brain.

the delayed 2 click is quite easy to do on normal speed, and a lot of people already have the concept down already without knowing it. double timing it takes a little practice though, but sounds really good.

all the forward/ backward/ click - explenations just make it sound even more difficult. just listen to the audio file coco b posted a while back and try to make it sound like he did. if you speed up coco's file you'll also recognize how it sounds on double time.

if people want i can post some audio of the normal time delayed 2 click on the weekend, but it won't suprize ya'll at all...