2 Click delayed video?

Sir Dongbot

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Fuck it, I can't get this down either.

Saint's explanation sounds like a chirp to me.

And muzzell's explanation...

Its babys all the time with a 2clicker

Count a beat for each baby, do a click on 2 and 3

123 123 123 123

Fbf Bfb Fbf Bfb

Its a hard skratch to get down.

When you can do it - Accent your record hand giving you more dynamics

... I don't understand, even with the video. To me, muzzell's explanation sounds like a chirp-flare.

Can anyone else help me out?

Fuck it, I can't get this down either.

Saint's explanation sounds like a chirp to me.

And muzzell's explanation...

Its babys all the time with a 2clicker

Count a beat for each baby, do a click on 2 and 3

123 123 123 123

Fbf Bfb Fbf Bfb

Its a hard skratch to get down.

When you can do it - Accent your record hand giving you more dynamics

... I don't understand, even with the video. To me, muzzell's explanation sounds like a chirp-flare.

Can anyone else help me out?

Its nothing like a chirp flare.

Do baby skratch and TRY putting a 2 clicker over the top. If you watch the video its easy to see what Im saying.

If your cutting over a 4/4 beat the scratch will fit into each beat as a triplet. 3 sounds.

Frd Bck Frd and then Bck Frd Bck

1 2 3 1 2 3

Guest Vekked

hmm, I was just thinking, I learned it on 4/4 and everything, but it might be easier to grasp it on 3/4, because it forces you to do the triplet babies

Guest Vekked

ya, I know, but if you do the scratch on 3/4 or 6/8 it fits naturally on the beat in 3's, so I was thinking it could help for learning to cut over, cuz it'd force the record hand movement for it, but I dunno, cuz I've already learned it, lol

It's a rhythm tapped out on the fader. The record can be pushed any direction.

You're all making it harder for yourselfs with these ridiculous break downs

OK, it's starting to come together now. I've seen that trasncription before, but it always looked like a chirp to me. But with muzzells and ryans descriptions it's slowly beginning to make a bit more sense.

Off to the lab I go - I'll probably be back for more help, cos I'm thick with shit like this sometimes.

FUCKING CLICK!!!!!

Yeah, I got it now. OK, here's how it is for me...

The name "delayed 2 click" is a perfect description. You are actually delaying the placement of the 2 clicks. The 2 clicks themselves are performed like a normal 2 click flare, it's just that there is a space between the pairs of clicks. This corraborates with Ryan's desciption that it's the rhythm being tapped out on the fader.

Vekked's description of it being just a bunch of transforms isn't too far off either. When this scratch first came out, people were calling it a 2-click delayed flare which threw me, because I was still placing the clicks in the middle of the record pull/push. Now I see people have omitted the 'flare' from the name, which is correct. IT IS NOT A FLARE.

You need to do two sets of 2 clicks for a complete delayed 2 click, so the above posted transcription is one correct way of doing a delayed 2 click. There are other ways you can start it, but I now see that this transcription is what muzzell does on his video.

It's not a chirp at the start, because at the end of the first record pull back, you have to close the fader again. It helps to think of this part as a transform. So it's almost like doing a complete chirp, then closing the fader and doing a forward transform.

There is a total of 6 sounds in a complete delayed 2 click orbit, which includes 4 clicks of the fader total, and 3 record pushes + 3 pulls. A normal 2 click flare orbit also has 6 sounds and 4 fader clicks, but there is only one record push and one record pull.

....so am I right?

Yeah well, fuck, it's all fine and good for people who paid attention the first time around, and either got it or gave up. What about those of us who didn't get it, or didn't give a fuck then?

It's just another scratch I wanted to learn, cos I felt like it, and I think scratching is still fun to do from time to time. And what better way to keep up the fun factor but to learn a new combo.

And to set the record straight, it looks like I got it down now, so I'll shut the fuck up about it, if it'll make everyone happy.