DJ's for life

Dub-Se7en

it was faarkin doooooope!

got to piss about on all the latest shit (thanx to gizmo and the pedestrian guys - nice to meet ya) and also had a go on the pro-x-fade. shit's dope, and i'd deffo drop for one when my p&g gives up.

also got to Q+A with Skully and 2tall, which was nice :8

pics on the way.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Twas brilliant. Thx to Gizmo and Skratchworx for the opportunity :) D-Styles is a very nice fellow and it was great to meet him- although the 07 Samurai we were using had the weirdest crossfader ever with waaay too much drift and made me look even worse than normal (any excuse lol :p). Jazzy Jay is a great character, every seminar that had him in it was very entertaining!

...and the gig at Air? Don't even get me started. I almost wet myself- well, maybe I would have were it not for the only bad thing about the entire thing= £3.50 for a bottle of beer?! Pft :p

Oh, and if anyone hears that "Velocity" the new energy drink is being promoted at a town near you, then I would recommend a visit to the nearest stand. It tastes like Red Bull mixed with piss, but the girls they use to push it on you? ...damn... lol

c

just got in, was DJ'ing at Monkee in stoke. played a classic hiphop set that went down ok, then as i was leaving tripped, almost fell down stairs and fucked my knee up. :@@ . sweet. i had handfuls of turntables so my knee brunt the full force. ow

Ah hello mate, I saw you briefly at the pedestrian stand and you kindly reassured my my tears weren't that bad if you remember :)

edit: sorry to hear about ur knee!

yeah man, just keep at it, use your fingers a bit more to make the sound and you'll be golden :)

I'm with you Jim. We have to do this or something very much like it again. I'm up for it big time, not just as a seminar chair, but as an organiser. I know manufacturers are becoming a little discontented with the big shows with their big price tags and want something more focussed on the end user rather than the trade. And bringing the big name DJs along as well really gave a great sense of community, as they were happily wondering around cutting on stands and chatting with anyone and everyone.

the files aint loadin with sound for me
no sound here either

sorry about the quality there is a lot of background noise and my phone picked that up rather than the cuts so it's hard to pick out the scratching on small speakers, i don't have this problem because i have me PC hooked up to two three foot speakers :d

if you right click and then save as that seems to work but i aint got a clue why it aint working properly, sorry :(

yes yes it was so fuckin dope. mad positive energy and things. still buzzin off it, and cant believe im back at my shitty work :((

was dope to meet all these legends, like steve dee, jazzy jay, supreme, theodore etc... everyone was so nice and down to earth, andy at vestax was mad nice too, had some proper funny chats with him on the friday night... hentsix came through and it was dope to have him with us. meeting quest and mr styles, mr thing, woody and tigerstyle were on top form too (we got some funny pics of them at 5am, watch out for the blackmail posts)... and i could go on.

christie z was a mad inspirational person to finally meet too. such a down to earth and positive lady. good to finally meet sally rfom dmc as well (even if briefly).

i even had a cut for a bit on the pedestrian stand (i think JPS1 witnessed some of that :$ )... dub i saw you, didnt realise it was you tho, was some nice shit on the eb stand tho.

but yeah overall it was crazy dope andi hope we can do more shit like this in 06 and beyond cos its needed. very fuckin much

we'll have pics up tonight and if all's well (ie. if tigerstyle sends me all the footage i filmed on his cam) we'll have some nice vids for ya'll to check out.

pz

Lo

but yeah overall it was crazy dope andi hope we can do more shit like this in 06 and beyond cos its needed. very fuckin much

Fucking right, I ain't gonna miss another one...thanks again Lo for all your efforts, it's was just a bit late in the day for me to work out how to get there :(

Fucking right, I ain't gonna miss another one...thanks again Lo for all your efforts, it's was just a bit late in the day for me to work out how to get there :(

nah it's cool man. sorry you couldnt' make it. would have been dope. if anything this just motivated us all to make sure shit like this happens again. preferably in a seaside resort in spain tho! lol