Turntable in car!

jsong56

hey i was wandering how i can get my qfo in my car to run through my system?

its sounds something like a ricer would do but i wanna do it :)

it would be good for camping and shit. or going away, u know the deal.

im just thinking about the voltage side of things?

and how to get a "line in" from my head deck?

i dont think u can get a cigeratte adapter for a qfo can u? its like 240 volts or some shit.

any rice heads know how i can do this? what parts do i need to buy?

The cops will beat you to death if they see you cutting and drivin.. I mean they dont take to well to talkin on yer mobile so im sure a Q.F.O will piss'em right off.

TBearOne8III

a power inverter will get you your voltage. get an RF modulator. you can run the rca lines to the modulator and the modulator plays thru your fm radio. just like when you hook up an seperate cd changer to your factory car radio.

but where the fuck do i plug the qfo into? im in australia and we have 3 pin sockets.

u saying that i get something that comes from my cigarette lighter which will allow me to plug to qfo straight into that.

dub seven & liam :

so an ac convertor plugs into the ciggy lighter, then on the other end of that the qfo power lead with plug into that? right?

then get a fm modulator (same thing you use to run your ipod through your radio) and plug the rcas into that for the sound.

is that right guys?

thanks for your help so far guys.

dub seven & liam :

so an ac convertor plugs into the ciggy lighter, then on the other end of that the qfo power lead with plug into that? right?

then get a fm modulator (same thing you use to run your ipod through your radio) and plug the rcas into that for the sound.

is that right guys?

thanks for your help so far guys.

Thats is correct!

rygon Posted Nov 4th 2005, 12:46

or you could just get a life

just because your still getting lifts to the mall from your mamma and living on

foodstamps. bitch. pls refer to your sig then stfu :)

peace out.

im sure foodstamps aint too happy that im using him for support

and a mall??? bloody american words

and for your info you may have 3 pin sockets but if you look at the QFO only 2 pins are used (not the earth)

great thanks to everyone that helped out!

does anyone know if u can get car stereos with a "line in"?

Yes you can.

Other options: get a tape adapter, they have a decent sound, but don't work in all car's stereos (not my new one :( ), or to cut the wires that lead to where a separate cd player can be placed (in the trunk mostly), but they need to be RCA, not coaxial or optical digital wires. I think we had a link to this sort of thing once.

Edited by ripple

TBearOne8III

a power inverter will get you your voltage. get an RF modulator. you can run the rca lines to the modulator and the modulator plays thru your fm radio. just like when you hook up an seperate cd changer to your factory car radio.

but where the fuck do i plug the qfo into? im in australia and we have 3 pin sockets.

u saying that i get something that comes from my cigarette lighter which will allow me to plug to qfo straight into that.

RF modulator also = illegal to operate in the UK. Apple make a similar device, but were forced to take it off-sale in the UK. Just FYI. I don't know about Oz, but I know there's a number of places worldwide that have similar laws, so it can be an arse to track them down. There's load on eBay, but a lot of them ship from Hong Kong and take about a month to arrive.

The iPod boom means most decent head units today will have RCA inputs round back. If you intend getting a new head unit, then this is definately a feature to look out for. If not, you can either get the FM modulator, or be (very) brave and patch a link-in to the master bus, a-la the 05pro 'session input' mod.

My Sony head unit is a bit old (I nicked it off my GF whe my Pioneer was stolen), so it has no inputs... shitty, because I've a 40GB Zen I'd like to plug in. When I get time, I'm going to look into patching in the input, I will definately post up if all goes to plan

i recently saw an episode of mtv's pimp my ride where they fitted a record player in the "drawer"/ "fold" (i don't know the correct word in english, it's called "glove-fold in german. anyone fill me in) of the front passengers seat. it was done real accurately; they had an custom made steel frame holding it. if you'd exchange the regular record player for a qfo it would be really nice for cutting on the front passengers seat - though a record player would do for me...

i know pimp my ride is crap, but that was the best thing i've seen them do with a car. the dj set in the back of this other car was complete crap - who would go to the back of his car to spin records?

i recently saw an episode of mtv's pimp my ride where they fitted a record player in the "drawer"/ "fold" (i don't know the correct word in english, it's called "glove-fold in german. anyone fill me in) of the front passengers seat. it was done real accurately; they had an custom made steel frame holding it. if you'd exchange the regular record player for a qfo it would be really nice for cutting on the front passengers seat - though a record player would do for me...

i know pimp my ride is crap, but that was the best thing i've seen them do with a car. the dj set in the back of this other car was complete crap - who would go to the back of his car to spin records?

If you were mixing at a party. It would make sense for it to be in the back. Who wants to sit shotgun and mix for a party?