I Hate Chali 2na

Max

Dude is lame. His rhymes are completely nonsensical. Not even dope nonsensical like Kool Keith, just stupid nonsensical. My favorite example, "burning through skin like newly prepared grits." He should go straight to MC hell for that one.

i think hes great, his rhymes may be wack in some peoples opinion but i think that baritone voice and flow is amazing, but hey, MF Doom is my favourite MC and half the time hes not even speakin English.

Definitely with you guys. J5 is my favorite group. They're what got me into underground hip hop and they've remained at the top of the pile for me. Only weak point is Akil, I think.

And on the 2na bit, personally, I love him. Great voice ( awesome baritone shit), awesome flow, and I think his lyrics are pretty good too. I hear you on the grits shit being nonsense but 99.9% of the time at least, at least 99.9% of the time what he says is totally on point.

Dude is lame. His rhymes are completely nonsensical. Not even dope nonsensical like Kool Keith, just stupid nonsensical. My favorite example, "burning through skin like newly prepared grits." He should go straight to MC hell for that one.

#

have you ever thought that he may not like you....

J5 is my favorite group. They're what got me into underground hip hop

I've seen clouds more underground than J5.

I don't mind 2na, he's not my favourite or owt but I wouldn't say he's shit. His verse on in the flesh kills it.

"They call me 2-na

As in Fish in sea

Self efficiency

That's my mission see ...."

As for Akil, he's a hype man more than anything else. He's got some moves on the floor and he gets the crowd going.

He was a crazy motherfucker when I met him anyway.

Ive met the fella after a gig in leeds, he was very cool in general a nice bloke, i like his flow personally and he can rock it live, what i cant stand are those wack mc's who try to fit too many words in a sentance and forget about the beat and the flow, pretty much like all the grime shite that sprang up recently. you want someone talking bollox have a look at 50 cent, eminem, d12, dizzee rascal bollox of the 1st degree

I guess what it all comes down to is that I miss 92. Where did all of the story tellers go? To me, the best MC's have got a great flow, and they actually say something in their rhymes; they tell a story. Songs like "8 Million Stories" and "T.R.O.Y" I think are the epitome of that real hip hop is about. MC's just don't say anything anymore. Even people like the Roots and Gang Starr only tell a real story once every few CD's. What I really hate here is that so long as you can flow nicely and you don't talk about money or cars or bangin ho's, then you get "underground" credibility. And that's bullshit. You structure your rhymes well and you've got a smooth voice, but what are you saying? Nothing. In the rest of the world, music that sounds good but doesn't say anything is called Pop. Most of the time, "underground" MC's talk about themselves just like mainstream ones do, it's just that their vocabulary isn't limited to cristal, endo, and sex. But for christ's sake. Make one good song talking about how good your flow and rhymes are and how awesome your crew is, and then please, please, spend the rest of your CD saying something that I actually pay attention to. At the point where "underground" MC's have all got good rhymes, good flows, and good beats, they're all the same to me. From that point the only thing that can make them stand out is if they say something of substance. The underground hip-hop scene is in a stage now where it requires a serious paradigm shift from delivery to substance. What it all comes down to is that "ya'all ain't sayin nothin new." I've personally become completely disenfranchised with the underground scene for lack of creativity. I can list a hundred people right now who rock clever beats, clever rhymes, and great flows. But what I really want is an MC who has all three of those, and is able to strike a chord with listeners by making boundary-less music that actually means something to the people who listen, and the people who create.

I don't think i usually/ever do this but that completely sums up my feeling on the issue. So take what you like from it, but I probably won't answer any replies.