Effects box...

Alan

i think the EFX 1000 is one of the coolest things ever!!!!!!!

Effects are generally used fairly spairingly in hip hop. Part of the reason so man electronic dance music DJs cling so tightly to effects is because the mixes are much simpler and generally less exciting than w/ hip hop... w/ hip hop there are like 1000 different ways to mix including live remixes, juggles, layering beats over full tracks, cutting, IN ADDITION to the good ole 8 bar mix.... but along with that, if you have some flava, FX can really make your shit even more dope.

If you don't have flava, your going to sound like a clown-ass-white kid who really likes to flange/echo..

Effects are generally used fairly spairingly in hip hop.  Part of the reason so man electronic dance music DJs cling so tightly to effects is because the mixes are much simpler and generally less exciting than w/ hip hop... w/ hip hop there are like 1000 different ways to mix including live remixes, juggles, layering beats over full tracks, cutting, IN ADDITION to the good ole 8 bar mix.... but along with that, if you have some flava, FX can really make your shit even more dope. 

If you don't have flava, your going to sound like a clown-ass-white kid who really likes to flange/echo..

a lot of those mixing styles can be done with dance music as well but i think many ppl would rather use fxs as its much easier to do

juggling/live remixes/cutting would sound pretty ass with a genre like trance...

if you're refering to DnB though, I'm 100% with you. House too.

(breaks are a given)

EDIT: Rygon, you're the member right after me! Congrats!

Edited by djxander

Effects are generally used fairly spairingly in hip hop.  Part of the reason so man electronic dance music DJs cling so tightly to effects is because the mixes are much simpler and generally less exciting than w/ hip hop... w/ hip hop there are like 1000 different ways to mix including live remixes, juggles, layering beats over full tracks, cutting, IN ADDITION to the good ole 8 bar mix.... but along with that, if you have some flava, FX can really make your shit even more dope. 

The EFX 1000 is pretty sick - yeah!

Thanks for the input. :)

How often are they used?

Not that often really, but that doesn't mean there's no reason not to use them

Since the release of the Pioneer909 effects have become openly available to dj's who may have never have used them before. I've seen Jazzy Jeff and Shortkut use the effects with this mixer and you can do some really neat tricks with it

But like MrDee says don't go overboard on them, it can get tiresome and gimmicky really quickly

• 3 weeks later...
I feel that the use of effects are important in mixing long songs - such as Trance. (Sweeping the transitions).

Though for spinning Hip-Hop, how often are effects used?

Thanks! :)

they can make it alot more interesting and unique, i use them from time to time, but i've seen dj shadow and cut chemist use effects loads and it bering more dpeth to a mix, also makes it a bit more fluid