BUILD YOUR OWN FINAL SCRATCH

Max

At first I thought I had spoken too soon about the Maya 44 USB, and had overlooked the need for and cost of pre-amps on the phono signal. Then I remembered that the new version of DJDecks has an improved "Software RIAA pre-amp for unamplified turntable inputs."

http://www.djdecks.be/index.php?module=download

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah i agree with you about serato being great. According to Adion (the guy who built DJDecks, the newer versions have improved SSL record support. Couple that with the software preamp and it should work fine.

Sorry, my last post sounded a bit confrontational!

Yeah, was wondering if things have changed since I reviewed it, because I haven't got any Serato records anymore.

What really sucks is that my £250 Emu soundcard has such lame drivers that I can't get total latency below about 30ms unless I use only 1 turntable and ASIO4ALL drivers.

I've actually still got my whole Mixvibes package still sitting here - probably never going to get used again!

i've only ever tested this software using my stanton ScratchAmp2, which is an asio 6in6out sound card with both phono and line level inputs.

at the moment i havn't got DJD setup but when i get half a chance i'll reinstall it and flick the input select on my soundcard to line and test it

For use with DjDecks, you *might* get away with no pre-amps when using Finalscratch records - as the code is louder and more obvious apparently.

DjDecks ran o.k. with my Serato vinyl (using m44-7 into a -10dBV soundcard input) but it was just a bit wonky with pitch stability - not good for mixing. You could probably scratch o.k. with it.

Mixvibes runs fine with virtually no signal strength whatsover.

right .. got the wax

got the splitters

got pdx 2000s + 05mk3

got traktor full & djdecks trial vers

gonna get a soundcard today

(the soundblaster one from the first post)

do i need phono pre amp?

i think i do dont i

maplins £20 odd

or could i send the signal through

rc20 or somethin?

For the sound card, you'll need one that's relatively beefy but not necessarily expensive. It needs to have ASIO support. I would reccommend the Maya 44 USB, which can be bought for about $100.

Where from pls Max i can't find these for that price anywhere mate? :s

Cheapest was some german place for £66 but they only accept visa/mastercard and i ain't got.

this sounds too good to be true.

I have Serato for Mac installed in my computer already, all I have to do is buy Serato records and voila? WHAT THE! That sounds crazy.

I have an external audio interface (Tascam 122US) thats all I need?

So what acts as the transmitter box then if FS and Serato is using that box to convert the sounds from your laptop to the vinyl??? Thats what I dont get.

Ok Thanks again for sharing the wealth.