def jux, your opinions please..

2tall

Def Jux seems to have weakened over the last few years, but then, so has indie hip hop in general. They definitely have talent on their team, so I'd assume their decline has had more to do with demand than performance. Their sound occasionally has a tendancy of being a little stale, but they have some good releases. Aesop never fails to disapoint. Rob Sonic's album was really good. Didn't care much for RJD2 or C-Rayz's latest offerings (some good spots, but overall, meh). Anything by Murs is usually good. I'm looking forward to Cage's next album (the 12" is pretty good).

That's really all I can think of, non-specifically speaking. I used to feel that Def Jux was really on the forefront of indepentdent music, but that hasn't been the case in a while.

IMO,

Beck

Ps- Why do you ask? Did they offer you something? I'd really like a way to find your music state-side, if that's the question.

Aesop never fails to disapoint. 

So you think he's consistently shity?

I'm not sure, but did you mean that he never fails to please?

Lol. Naw, I think he's clever. The unusual voice helps too.

EDIT

Oops, I get it...my bad, I meant never fails to impress...er..You know what I mean...I need sleep...Good catch...

Edited by BM Beck

i love me some aes rock.

yes, he never fails IMO..

i enjoy def jux's beats/production. not exactly club bangers...

im most impressed with el-p's style, and aesop rock is actually producing his albums now, and he has a nice style as well..

to me, def jux has an original sound..

mr lif is good but i wasnt a fan of his new album..

cannibol ox...

i havnt heard much of SA Smash but they have some tracks with nice hooks from what ive heard..

rob sonic is dope too, i have yet to get his album which i should.

im waiting on my cage LP!

yeah aesop rock is fuckin amazing, sick always well consistent.

i dont like lif or rob sonic at all they wack!

rj's overated but okay.

elp is dope sometimes a bit inconsistent.

I wouldnt say DefJux meant quality to me, depends on whether you like the artist.

They're production team is ill, far better than their emcee line up if that makes sense!

i thought cannibal ox's first album was brilliant, they were a bit corny but managed to pull it off somehow!

Its not all my cup of tea though, I would hardly say that def jux is the new fondle' em.

im down with the perceptionists...

but i must say i was not impressed with black dialogue..

to me, the whole album was blah blah blah, the war, blah blah weapons of mass destruction.. just redundant politcal b.s.

i thought the razor mixtape topped black dialogue. no doubt.