TTX1s

No. They tend to have motor problems. The new, higher torque motors that are in the tt500's and the about-to-be-released new TTX's haven't been out long enough for an accurate assessment of their dependability.

i was going to make a topic on them :o anyway im really thinking of getting a set.... i love the look and the price is quite tempting aswell... im definently not sure tho i need a deck that can hold a needle well has a smooth platter and high torque (compared to my current decks anyway)

i've been looking at ttx, tt-500, 1200 and PDX2000 advice please guys

^^ Thats the same shit that happened with mine.

Right before it died on me.

Three times (including sending it back to Numark for repair!) - my shit is still broken, I haven't got around to sending it back to them this time yet.

Bottom line, Numark TTX's are unreliable. Some people get lucky and get a good pair, others like myself and Tyra get pieces of shit. And I hear Mike Reezy's TT500 (which has the same motor) is doing the same thing.

It could very well be that the TTXs aren't designed for hard core scratching - too much stress on the motor maybe? All the 'spinning' DJs seems to swear by the TTX, but they don't put as much stress on the motor as we do.

I thought Numark would've sorted this problem out by now. IIRC, they are now up to their 3rd revision of the TTX. Looks liek the problems from the 1st revision are still there!

If I do get my TTX repaired, I'm definitely going to sell it, or trade it in for another deck.

word - so ttx's suck. But how about the Stanton Str8-150s? Those were really hype for a while, but now I haven't heard anything about them for a while... whats the deal?

Also... I know the PDX is pretty much the next choice after the 1200, but is it also as shite as the rest of em?

I had a pair of TTX1s that I traded in for some Technics 1200 mk2s. The only reason I traded them in so that I could do my best at battles. If I didn't want to win a DMC regional eventually, I'd still have them.

My TTX1s put up with LOTS of stress for months, they never failed me. Personally, I'd pick up another pair if I had the money laying around.

I loved mine.

i still use techs, no reason other than they have ever once let me down and once you have em and treat them well they tend to last a long long time, one of my tables is 10 years old and still as good as the day it was bought, no pitch probs nothing wrong at all. wonderd how the interchangable arms on the ttx hold up and if it affects stability.

Ive had my ttx for 2 years now, one ive never had a problem with but the other kept telling me that the platter was removed when the unit was turned on. it turned out that there was a dry soldered joint that was a regular occurance in the frirst few batches (im thinking young apprentice solderer on work experience!) sent it back, never had a problem since

• 4 weeks later...

gotta bring this topic back up. This evening my TTX died apparently. I scratched for like 30 mins and hit the stop button. And now the motor won't turn on anymore... I had them for two years now and they worked perfect (my second one still does). Hope I can get this sorted out relatively cheaply. I don't think it's a overheating issue in my case coz I didn't cut on that deck for a couple days.

gotta bring this topic back up. This evening my TTX died apparently. I scratched for like 30 mins and hit the stop button. And now the motor won't turn on anymore... I had them for two years now and they worked perfect (my second one still does). Hope I can get this sorted out relatively cheaply. I don't think it's a overheating issue in my case coz I didn't cut on that deck for a couple days.

I've had my tt500 for like.....4-5 months now and it crapped out after 3 months but since its been repaired (apparently its a 'diode' of some kind that needs fixing) its been spot on and no probs since.....yet...lol.