When You Are DJing And You Watch Guys

Blak Randy

haha, have a few stories too:

One involving a posh, Bristol Uni student requesting that fucking shit 'Concrete Schoolyard' everytime I played a new tune......Think the same guy or one his mates was asking for dnb at another hip hop night......they don't get the message when you tell them to piss off..... :s

Another involving me telling one of the hosts at a house party to fuck off when she banged the table and made a sarcy 'oops' expression. I think I made her cry, come to think of it. What the hell, she looked like an oompa loompa anyways.....

Also - when people say 'play (insert studenty hip hop track here), it'll get everyone dancing, man'..........they fail to realise that many others are dancing whilst they're saying this.

And you also get the *shudders* 'Chin Strokers' at the front.........

Edited by Cable

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And you also get the *shudders* 'Chin Strokers' at the front.........

LOL!!!

The geeks who analyse every single nuance and move of the x-fader, i've seen these too many times

But they seem to very prevailent at hiphop nights though, when i saw Peanut Butter Wolf in Leeds, there was seriously a queue of dudes just leaning over the decks lol

when our band gigz there seems to alwayz be this 1 drunk chick that falls onto the stage.i just dont get it.

I have definately noticed the 'mating dance". Guys will do ANYTHING, no matter how stupid it looks to get a girls attention. I've litteraly seen guys do shit that resembles "the chicken dance" to a Lil John beat... or I saw one white kid wearing a NY Yankees hat and he wanted to freestyle while my friend was dj'ing and my friend didn't let him so he started dancing like missy elliot :o

Males can be/are madd pathetic.

I have definately noticed the 'mating dance".  Guys will do ANYTHING, no matter how stupid it looks to get a girls attention.  I've litteraly seen guys do shit that resembles "the chicken dance" to a Lil John beat... or I saw one white kid wearing a NY Yankees hat and he wanted to freestyle while my friend was dj'ing and my friend didn't let him so he started dancing like missy elliot :o

That's exactly the kind of shit I'm talking about man. It's fucking embaresing. To be honest though girls are no better. I swear that trendy, rich media type girls around soho, Notting Hill , west london area have no morals at all.

I have definately noticed the 'mating dance".  Guys will do ANYTHING, no matter how stupid it looks to get a girls attention.  I've litteraly seen guys do shit that resembles "the chicken dance" to a Lil John beat... or I saw one white kid wearing a NY Yankees hat and he wanted to freestyle while my friend was dj'ing and my friend didn't let him so he started dancing like missy elliot :o

That's exactly the kind of shit I'm talking about man. It's fucking embaresing. To be honest though girls are no better. I swear that trendy, rich media type girls around soho, Notting Hill , west london area have no morals at all.

Oh you meen the girls in your avatar? :p Girls just get really drunk and grind w/ guys -- that all I have really seen personally. Then again, my friend passed out a couple weeks ago at a house party and woke up the next day finding out he had gotten a blow job next to the dance floor in front of everyone.

With that said, I've never seen girls act quite as outrageous as dudes - not with my own 2 eyes at least.

Its like that scene from the movie Clueless when the guy is jumping off the table at the party and the girls wants to do it too and he says "No you can't! Then the guys won't have anything to do to impress the girls!" LOL Soooo true.

I used to keep my decks at boarding school, and as sooon as some guy saw them, theyd all be baby skratching with heavily, one guy was skratching using the needle! When i eventually got them all out of there and a couple of the guys asked me to show them some stuff, one still decidded to baby skratch the beat playing.

I think i classify as one of the chin strokers haha, i'll ignore everything else on stage. But not to the extent of standing in front of a dj for 3 hours waiting for him to do some cuts.

LOL at the chin strokers...

on my nights at uni i get people doing that all the time.

one of the most common requests i get is usually when im playing some pretty fast hiphop, say percee p or whatever, and some pretentious cunt with dreads comes up and says the immortal words:

"got any ninja tune, dude?"

twat

so im like "yeah like what?" the answer is always "ummm, anything man". wanker.

Oh and I would love to drop Verbal and see a room full of people totaly go off to it instead of do that "guys, i'm not sure we can handle this crazy music. Its nothing like Lil John or Snoop Dog's Drop it Like its Hot... I'm not sure its safe" thing

on that note, I own not a single "crunk record"... thank the lord...

one of the most common requests i get is usually when im playing some pretty fast hiphop, say percee p or whatever, and some pretentious cunt with dreads comes up and says the immortal words:

"got any ninja tune, dude?"

twat

so im like "yeah like what?" the answer is always "ummm, anything man". wanker.

FLOL!!!

Yep, those are the ones.............or they say 'got any real hip hop'

'erm, like what mate.........?'

'Blackalicious, J5, Ugly Duckling.....You know who they are?'

'Yeh..........now fuck off'.

werd i love j5 and UD etc, but theres a time and a place for everything.

twats who come up asking for stuff that really doesnt fit in with whats being played so far during the night will only get the wanker sign from me....

like when im playing some hiphop along the lines of say klashnekoff, does the cunt really think im gonna play a request of midnight in a perfect world by shadow? that song would fucking kill the crowd, forcing them to get off the dancefloor quick sharp to run to the corners of the club while scratching around for their baccy tins covered with "witty" slogans for the legalisation of cannabis.

cunts.

i threw in some ppp at a gig 2 weeks ago and the dance groups were battling it out hardcore style and crowd was goin off..

the day after some cunt gets on a local message board and starts dissin me/my music, saying he couldnt dance to it.. wanker. its just like what 2tall told me, people are so brainwashed that if they hear shit that hasnt been on the radio, they'll look around to see if its ok to dance to. mindless soulless drones.

werd i love j5 and UD etc, but theres a time and a place for everything.

twats who come up asking for stuff that really doesnt fit in with whats being played so far during the night will only get the wanker sign from me....

like when im playing some hiphop along the lines of say klashnekoff, does the cunt really think im gonna play a request of midnight in a perfect world by shadow? that song would fucking kill the crowd, forcing them to get off the dancefloor quick sharp to run to the corners of the club while scratching around for their baccy tins covered with "witty" slogans for the legalisation of cannabis.

cunts.

Yeah, you're right mate and I know the types well. I've probably done similar things myself in the past. lol.

I like Blackalicious, J5 and Ugly Duckling. What would you consider to be real hip hop?

Anything Boot Camp Click related, Redman, Wu Tang, Biggie, Jay-Z, Nas, Busta, Big Daddy Kane, Skillz, CNN, Ludacris, M.O.P. & Heavy D to name a few....

I don't mind one or two Blackalicious tracks, gets a bit tiresome after a few listens, I really do not like J5 - Ugly Duckling are alright.

Not knocking people's tastes, but what I'm trying to say is these student hip(py) hop people more or less only listen to these artists, and classify them as 'real' etc etc.....and think they are musical encylcopedias cos they know one or two more acts than the average 50 Cent buyer.....funny thing is, the G-Unit fan may know slightly more than them.........

On top of that, like Nimrod says, they expect to to play their request next. They fail to realise that you can't play 'Everythings Alright' by UD after playing something like 'Flipside' by Freeway or 'Dogz n Sledgez' by Million Dan.

If you do that, the chin stokers will just tut, scratch their silly ahmish-looking beards, say 'that wasnt tight', and then go smoke some rollies in the corner and talk about their favourite Def Jux artist......

The geeks who analyse every single nuance and move of the x-fader, i've seen these too many times

But they seem to very prevailent at hiphop nights though, when i saw Peanut Butter Wolf in Leeds, there was seriously a queue of dudes just leaning over the decks lol

Err, I've done that before. :$

ike when im playing some hiphop along the lines of say klashnekoff, does the cunt really think im gonna play a request of midnight in a perfect world by shadow? that song would fucking kill the crowd, forcing them to get off the dancefloor quick sharp to run to the corners of the club while scratching around for their baccy tins covered with "witty" slogans for the legalisation of cannabis.

cunts.

haha,

do they say 'everyone will dance to it'?