When You Are DJing And You Watch Guys

Blak Randy

I like Blackalicious, J5 and Ugly Duckling. What would you consider to be real hip hop?

Anything Boot Camp Click related, Redman, Wu Tang, Biggie, Jay-Z, Nas, Busta, Big Daddy Kane, Skillz, CNN, Ludacris, M.O.P. & Heavy D to name a few....

I don't mind one or two Blackalicious tracks, gets a bit tiresome after a few listens, I really do not like J5 - Ugly Duckling are alright.

Not knocking people's tastes, but what I'm trying to say is these student hip(py) hop people more or less only listen to these artists, and classify them as 'real' etc etc.....and think they are musical encylcopedias cos they know one or two more acts than the average 50 Cent buyer.....funny thing is, the G-Unit fan may know slightly more than them.........

On top of that, like Nimrod says, they expect to to play their request next. They fail to realise that you can't play 'Everythings Alright' by UD after playing something like 'Flipside' by Freeway or 'Dogz n Sledgez' by Million Dan.

If you do that, the chin stokers will just tut, scratch their silly ahmish-looking beards, say 'that wasnt tight', and then go smoke some rollies in the corner and talk about their favourite Def Jux artist......

exactly, its just snobbery.

it makes it all worthwhile though every now and then when some random person comes up and says "i have no idea who the fuck any of the tracks you played tonight were, but i had a fuckin wicked time and enjoyed most of the stuff you played"

but thats just before i give him the slap. suckers gotta back up off the nuts getmeh?

;)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ike when im playing some hiphop along the lines of say klashnekoff, does the cunt really think im gonna play a request of midnight in a perfect world by shadow? that song would fucking kill the crowd, forcing them to get off the dancefloor quick sharp to run to the corners of the club while scratching around for their baccy tins covered with "witty" slogans for the legalisation of cannabis.

cunts.

haha,

do they say 'everyone will dance to it'?

yeah, it does my fucking nut.

you just feel like stick matchsticks between their eyelids while shouting "WHO, WHO is gonna fuckin dance to this song you fucking herb? apart from you and your mates who will then proclaim about how shadow is the master of the MPC. get the fuck over yourselves you cunting felch peddlers"

or something.

The geeks who analyse every single nuance and move of the x-fader, i've seen these too many times

But they seem to very prevailent at hiphop nights though, when i saw Peanut Butter Wolf in Leeds, there was seriously a queue of dudes just leaning over the decks lol

Err, I've done that before. :$

Ho-Ho-Ho... NOT ENOUGH!!!!!!! :((