rapped with/for Liquid Soul circa 95-2001

check his developing new site

HERE

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he is the definiton (along with dj lethal) as being the novelty band dj ´´

mate you should not have said that, lethal is the fukin reason i play turntables. I agree that hahn does not do much live, but lethal is much more experimental then most turntablists, apart from being an amzing producer in h.o.p., he does a lot of the beats live, i dont mean pressign a button to add a whole beat, he does whole of some of his drum parts live on stage, watching him do his intro to ´nookie`live is amazing.

I could go on for ages about his samples but i don´t have time.....

Turntablists in rock bands don´t get any of the respect they deserve, i hope someday i´ll be the one to change that.

speaking as a band dj myself you're preaching to the converted, dj kilmore was the reason why i decided to buy my turntables, the track "new skin" on s.c.i.e.n.c.e sounded like an epithany LOL!

dont want to sound condescending but i was your age when i heard it for the first time, and it made me dig deeper to find more of this "scratchy music"...

i was all into that nu metal scene for a while but lost faith after a while... probably facilliated by my anger when i read an interview by lethal who claimed he had produced jump around by house of pain :|

with regard to lethal's production, it just gets pissed on by premiers cameo on siginificant other, and ummmm :s at him being more "experimental" than most turntablists... how's this exactly?

and i completely stand by the fact he is marketed as a novelty band dj, he just stands in the background in most videos looking badass on the turntables when theres no point him being there, this is endemic with band djs... what does the deftones dj do? they can add a whole new layer of sound on live music, but i just get pissed off with the few that give it a bad name...

No disrespect meant man

Kilmore is a great dj too, the only one ive seen in a band who juggles liveduring their songs, i don´t think it was him who played on science tho, he joined incubus to tour scienece after they kicked out their old dj, the first one he played on was morning view(amazing album btw)

DJ Muggs produced Jump Around, and lethal did ther cuts i think :s lethal produced a lot of house of pain´s music but muggs mainly made their hits.

The experimental part of his stuff was shown on limp´s first album, he ran half his samples through guitar pedals and guitar amps for distortion, and uses a modded line swtch which does two clicks for every click, which kilmore now uses. But nowadays, people are being more adventurous with turntables so he should pick up`the pace :s

I do agree that if you were looking at their music as a non skratch dj, you could see him as just being the cool factor or to give the band credibility.

safe man :)

yeah my bad i meant dj kid lyfe, kilmore came in at morning view... yeah the cuts up til then were pretty aggressive (nothin wrong with that lol!), on morning view the effects and scratches that kilmore uses adds to the chilled nature of the album no end! was rather disappointed by crow left of the murder though. incubus are my all time favourite band though, and i still ahvnt seen them live! :(

but yeah muggs produced jump around and when i read what lethal said made me lose all respect for him...

What was lethal saying? that he made their most popular song himself, not muggs?

I need to pick up a copy of Science, its the only incubus album i don´t own, i even have their demo album fungus amongus, i think they asked kilmore to tone down the cuts on crow left of the murder to allow brandon thew singer to have a greater message or something. Have u heard their new single, make a move, its the first song by them i cant listen to , the chorus is awful, i think its fgor a film tho, the video has clips from fighter pilots and stuff...

mate you should not have said that, lethal is the fukin reason i play turntables. I agree that hahn does not do much live, but lethal is much more experimental then most turntablists, apart from being an amzing producer in h.o.p., he does a lot of the beats live, i dont mean pressign a button to add a whole beat, he does whole of some of his drum parts live on stage, watching him do his intro to ´nookie`live is amazing.

Turntablists in rock bands don´t get any of the respect they deserve, i hope someday i´ll be the one to change that.

speaking as a band dj myself you're preaching to the converted, dj kilmore was the reason why i decided to buy my turntables, the track "new skin" on s.c.i.e.n.c.e sounded like an epithany LOL!

dont want to sound condescending but i was your age when i heard it for the first time, and it made me dig deeper to find more of this "scratchy music"...

i was all into that nu metal scene for a while but lost faith after a while... probably facilliated by my anger when i read an interview by lethal who claimed he had produced jump around by house of pain :|

with regard to lethal's production, it just gets pissed on by premiers cameo on siginificant other, and ummmm :s at him being more "experimental" than most turntablists... how's this exactly?

and i completely stand by the fact he is marketed as a novelty band dj, he just stands in the background in most videos looking badass on the turntables when theres no point him being there, this is endemic with band djs... what does the deftones dj do? they can add a whole new layer of sound on live music, but i just get pissed off with the few that give it a bad name...

No disrespect meant man

Kilmore is a great dj too, the only one ive seen in a band who juggles liveduring their songs, i don´t think it was him who played on science tho, he joined incubus to tour scienece after they kicked out their old dj, the first one he played on was morning view(amazing album btw)

DJ Muggs produced Jump Around, and lethal did ther cuts i think :s lethal produced a lot of house of pain´s music but muggs mainly made their hits.

The experimental part of his stuff was shown on limp´s first album, he ran half his samples through guitar pedals and guitar amps for distortion, and uses a modded line swtch which does two clicks for every click, which kilmore now uses. But nowadays, people are being more adventurous with turntables so he should pick up`the pace :s

I do agree that if you were looking at their music as a non skratch dj, you could see him as just being the cool factor or to give the band credibility.

yeah my bad i meant dj kid lyfe, kilmore came in at morning view... yeah the cuts up til then were pretty aggressive (nothin wrong with that lol!), on morning view the effects and scratches that kilmore uses adds to the chilled nature of the album no end! was rather disappointed by crow left of the murder though. incubus are my all time favourite band though, and i still ahvnt seen them live! :(

but yeah muggs produced jump around and when i read what lethal said made me lose all respect for him...

What was lethal saying? that he made their most popular song himself, not muggs?

I need to pick up a copy of Science, its the only incubus album i don´t own, i even have their demo album fungus amongus, i think they asked kilmore to tone down the cuts on crow left of the murder to allow brandon thew singer to have a greater message or something. Have u heard their new single, make a move, its the first song by them i cant listen to , the chorus is awful, i think its fgor a film tho, the video has clips from fighter pilots and stuff...

thats exactly what he said... what a twat :(

but yeah science is my favourite album by incubus, word to fungus amongus, but that wasnt released til they got big.

buy "when incubus attacks", its pretty dope, got acoustic versions of tracks and shit but the original is kinda hard to find.

my bad kilmore joined for make yourself

Have u got kilmoreś battle records, i know he relesaed a small amount of test pressings for his tour vinyl, which found thewre way onto ebay a couple of years ago? I have dj starscream for slipknotś tour vinyl, which is quite good.

to me jihad from third sight is the most underrated mc. he's style is quite unique; love his flow. the golden shower hour is from 1998 i believe, and jihad was really years ahead on it. to be honest i'm almost afraid of how ill he's going to on the new third sight lp...

i'll stick to this...

but would you consider rasco to be underrated? i mean asking me i would say his stuff is absolutly classic, but how do other people think about it?

Yes.... I think rasco is very underrated & yes his stuff is classic!!! I also agree that Jihad is very underrated as well. Can't wait for the new Third Sight album to drop. The underrated list can go on & on!!!

anybody mentioned Doom yet?

under rated???? are you sure???? go on any american hip-hop forum and they'll declare a jihad on you if even say something neutral about doom!!!!

he's some done some great stuff and some beard stuff as well.....anyone with as high a work rate as he has will inevitably put out as much poo as good stuff....KMD's was just so good i honestly dont think he's topped that yet...operation doomsday was good as well...but he's doing far too many guest slots these days!

SAAFIR.

SAAFIR.

SAAFIR.

SAAFIR.

SAAFIR.

SAAFIR.

SAAFIR.

SAAFIR.

SAAFIR.

SAAFIR.

SAAFIR.

SAAFIR.

SAAFIR.

SAAFIR.

SAAFIR.

SAAFIR.

SAAFIR.

SAAFIR.

SAAFIR.

SAAFIR.

SAAFIR.

SAAFIR.

SAAFIR.

SAAFIR.

SAAFIR.

SAAFIR.

SAAFIR.

SAAFIR.

SAAFIR.

SAAFIR.

SAAFIR.

SAAFIR.

SAAFIR.

SAAFIR.

SAAFIR.

SAAFIR.

SAAFIR.

SAAFIR.

SAAFIR.

SAAFIR.

SAAFIR.

SAAFIR.

SAAFIR.

SAAFIR.

SAAFIR.

SAAFIR.

SAAFIR.

SAAFIR.

anybody mentioned Doom yet?

under rated???? are you sure???? go on any american hip-hop forum and they'll declare a jihad on you if even say something neutral about doom!!!!

he's some done some great stuff and some beard stuff as well.....anyone with as high a work rate as he has will inevitably put out as much poo as good stuff....KMD's was just so good i honestly dont think he's topped that yet...operation doomsday was good as well...but he's doing far too many guest slots these days!

of course, Doom gets mad respect but he basically only gets it in the underground. By underrated I understood that it's people that don't get the respect and credit they deserve. You're right the KMD records are great and I guess KMD were respected in the scene back then, just for Mr. Hood tho. When Doom resurfaced in the underground nobody really gave a shit except the diehards. Now he's become a household name for the backpacker kids and niggas bought Operation doomsday for mad loot on ebay. The most succesful thing he did (on commercial terms) was his feature on the last De la Soul album. I'd still say he's completely underrated coz he's basically just repected by the underground heads.

• 4 weeks later...

No disrespect meant man

I bought Science today for a fiver in hmv in the sale- really liking it- addicted to 'summer romance', killer hooks.

No disrespect meant man

I bought Science today for a fiver in hmv in the sale- really liking it- addicted to 'summer romance', killer hooks.

Icunbus' first DJ was way better then killmore I think. DJ Lyfe had some nicer cuts. Killmores has some good cuts and samples dropping but Lyfe really cut through ever song. Some cool experimental stuff. Sid Starscream from Slipknot is good as far as Band DJs go. I dont like leathel to much.

As far as Mike Shinoda from Linkin Park, listen to his track with handsome boy modeling school. To me thats his bestword for word rap.

i agree with gabe.

lyfe and kilmore have 2 different styles tho.

lyfe was good for incubus in their older days. their music was more intense as opposed to the chilled-out rock it is today.

i feel killmore really adds to incubus' new sound which doesnt really need hardcore cuttin over the music. killmore+incubus is really alot of sampling which syncs to the music.

i believe theres a hidden track(s) at the end of 'science' and its a small mix by dj lyfe. i may rip that bitch now that im thinkin about it.

killmore cuts it up on the first Primer 55 album, which i find to have some dope tracks on there. talk about some hardcore rap metal. that band went to shit tho IMO.

lets talk about deftone's dj.

i remember when i saw them live and i felt like their dj was a prop.

i agree with gabe.

lyfe and kilmore have 2 different styles tho.

lyfe was good for incubus in their older days. their music was more intense as opposed to the chilled-out rock it is today.

i feel killmore really adds to incubus' new sound which doesnt really need hardcore cuttin over the music. killmore+incubus is really alot of sampling which syncs to the music.

i believe theres a hidden track(s) at the end of 'science' and its a small mix by dj lyfe.  i may rip that bitch now that im thinkin about it.

killmore cuts it up on the first Primer 55 album, which i find to have some dope tracks on there. talk about some hardcore rap metal. that band went to shit tho IMO.

lets talk about deftone's dj.

i remember when i saw them live and i felt like their dj was a prop.

He is a Joke. I saw them at HOB and he didnt do shit. He had all kinds of gear to: MPC, Pioneer CDJ, 2 Technics, and a synth among other things. So that 4 seperate pieces of equipment. Well HE ONLY HAD 4 PARTS IN THEIR WHOLE SET. Each part he used a different toy. I could have done everything he did with just one of them. He is a joke. But by watching the DVD it seems that they are all best friends and he putd in alot of creativity and helps with writing ideas, but still, when comes down to it he does not shit.

The only thing i give him props on is the sample he uses in Change in the House of flies. Its perfectly placed sample that sounds like bending steel. No cuts just one samp[le drop. N E WAY!