Double time clover tear techniques?

jsong56

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

clovers with your fingers bitches.........

the basic concept....

place your hand on the record.... keep your knuckles and hand still, don't move either of them... then in one motion bring your fingers and thumb closer together, whilst keeping your hand and knuckles in the same position.... (note, only your fingers are touching the record and not your thumb obviously)..... do this twice.... - (your fingers and thumb getting closer with each movement)

for the opposite motion use this same method but move your thumb and fingers apart ...... (remember to keep your hand and knuckles in the same place throughout.... it's all in the fingers.....).... (do this twice, once again, your fingers and thumb moving further apart with each motion).

*** bare in mind ***

this is just the basic motion.... with time and practise will come more speed and accuracy and you will notice that it's a combination of fingers and arm action.....

hope this has helped.....

Being loooooose is the name of the game here....just thought I'd record an example real quick.

http://s39.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0FBSR13...BN2NB0U08EL76X8

first part is 1 - 2 (one forward...2 reverse)....then slowly with a 2-2 (2 forward, 2 reverse tears)....then doubletime.

You don't have to stay in one spot on the record....you can do this like any other scratch and gradually progress through the sound like I start to do at the last part of the file....try it out, lots of variation if you can continue the tear patterns while moving from the start of the ahhhhhh and work your way gradually to the end.

The motion is mostly in the HAND and using the fingers to actually delay the main movement by the hand.....keep at it tho, takes work...

I listened to your file, Veteran. My question is: so the clovers don't really need a full stop in-between? Cause I've been putting a lot of effort into making them like, stacatto, you know, stops in between them. And it seems like yours are more fluid?

I don't even know if I'm making sense.