Double time clover tear techniques?

jsong56

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Deeswift
This has gone a bit off topic.

Regarding clover's, I don't do them. I consider it one of his signature scratches.

So does that mean you don't do transformer scratches cause they're Spinbad's signature scratch?

I think that's kinda silly.... :s

Transforming is a technique, not a scratch.

Regarding clover's, I don't do them. I consider it one of his signature scratches.

So does that mean you don't do transformer scratches cause they're Spinbad's signature scratch?

LOL...Dee....its all the same thing...everything is a combination of ON/OFF..BACKWARD/FORWARD. You can't escape it. I don't understand how clover tears are exclusive to one person....it doesn't make any sense.

....I'm sure you flare...crab....chirp....those are all signature scratches/techniques....

Guest Deeswift

LOL...Dee....its all the same thing...everything is a combination of ON/OFF..BACKWARD/FORWARD. You can't escape it. I don't understand how clover tears are exclusive to one person....it doesn't make any sense.

....I'm sure you flare...crab....chirp....those are all signature scratches/techniques....

Whatever man. Q spent YEARS developing the clover tear. Give him a break.

@ Darwins: Thanks. Your shit is tight.

Whatever man. Q spent YEARS developing the clover tear. Give him a break.

@ Darwins: Thanks. Your shit is tight.

Maybe I shouldn't keep this going....but meh what the heck.....

....I just think its funny that it took years for q to come up with 2 forward tears...then 2 backward ones. Whatever tho....its another technique, its up to you to add flavor and variation.

Guest Deeswift

....I just think its funny that it took years for q to come up with  2 forward tears...then 2 backward ones.  Whatever tho....its another technique, its up to you to add flavor and variation.

It didn't take him years to come up with it, just years to perfect it. He finally got the scratch nailed in 95. He told me this himself, btw, it's not just some random bullshit. Pz.

clover tears are solid cuts, i got em down tight with my arm but using the fingers like Q does is fucking tough. Qbert does like arm finger combinations too which just dont look natural :|

....I just think its funny that it took years for q to come up with  2 forward tears...then 2 backward ones.  Whatever tho....its another technique, its up to you to add flavor and variation.

It didn't take him years to come up with it, just years to perfect it. He finally got the scratch nailed in 95. He told me this himself, btw, it's not just some random bullshit. Pz.

Never said it was random bullshit. Its not rocket science either....scratching is all math and logical progression anyway...I knew how to flare before I knew it was a flare etc....anyhow..like I said once you know the equation and concept its up to you to add the personal flavor. Saying you won't do a certain scratch just seems odd to me...

Its cool tho man, don't do em...no skin off my nose.