Double time clover tear techniques?

jsong56

when doing double time clover tears, do ya'll have your hands relaxed and do u bend your fingers back and forth while doing them?

or do u keep you hand "stiff" and just do the hand/arm motion?

ive seen q do em, his hands look really relaxed and it seems like the technique is more in his

fingers rather than creating the 2for 2bck motion/spazm with his whole arm.

anyone know what the fuck i mean?

whats the quickest way to do clovers, and still have them sound watery?

my record hand is my left.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was reading that thinking shera???? WTF is that??? went to google it...nothing....then the penny dropped she-ra ! doh, i feel special this morning...but in short no, no she-ra, always fancied her, but no dont have any of the dvd's...got some transformers though, lots of manga/anime, he-man, and battle of the planets...

schooled - he's in Needle Addicts with M-Tech and a variety of other deutsch katz....

DJ Man At Arms going for the traditional Abilst point and crazy eye stare routine..."you lookin at me punk?"

Guest Deeswift

This has gone a bit off topic.

Regarding clover's, I don't do them. I consider it one of his signature scratches.

Guest Deeswift

DissCuss, SASD is just an improvised / freestyle cutting session, there's no way I would do it in sections (like Toadstyle does). However, I did have the intention to stay as tight as possible at the time, and I tried to get down as many of my combo's as possible. Don't give up! SASD ain't shit really.

DissCuss, SASD is just an improvised / freestyle cutting session, there's no way I would do it in sections (like Toadstyle does). Don't give up! SASD ain't shit really.

Fuuucccccccckkkkkkkkkkkk yooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu. That's not a negative thing towards you but damn. I cannot believe it.

I listened to the vertabrea mix and I don't know if I maybe overrate it but I think it's proabably one of the best displays of cutting I have heard. When I hear a really, really good cutting file I can normally kind of break it down and aspire to it but that level of cleanliness with those cuts is uncomprehendable to me.

Last question on it man. So that means all of the fades are done live ala, true fades method. You didn't do them post production. If so that is truely outstanding.

Guest Deeswift

Aye, hang on and I'll post it up again snuff. Back soon.

Oh yeah -- the version I will post is the version which Awkward put an overdub on -- he's cutting those spaced out sounds occasionally. This version is the one we used for the Vertabrae Promo Mix. I don't have the very first (original) version anymore, hell knows what happened to that.

Guest Deeswift
DissCuss, SASD is just an improvised / freestyle cutting session, there's no way I would do it in sections (like Toadstyle does). Don't give up! SASD ain't shit really.

Fuuucccccccckkkkkkkkkkkk yooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu. That's not a negative thing towards you but damn. I cannot believe it.

I listened to the vertabrea mix and I don't know if I maybe overrate it but I think it's proabably one of the best displays of cutting I have heard. When I hear a really, really good cutting file I can normally kind of break it down and aspire to it but that level of cleanliness with those cuts is uncomprehendable to me.

Last question on it man. So that means all of the fades are done live ala, true fades method. You didn't do them post production. If so that is truely outstanding.

LOL! Man, I don't cheat, and that's that! Thanks for the compliments. Yes, true fades, done in a slightly unusual way.

EDIT: Thinking about it, I have to stay practiced with those true fades, they can get sloppy if not kept in check!

Guest Deeswift

But to make a post-production fade sound like a true fade is wack. I could never do that and not feel guilty about it!